Mechanic Position

Through my entire time playing ONI, there are some times when the task you need done never gets done, and I feel like repair building is one of those tasks.  My suggestion is maybe add a mechanic title to something like groundskeeper line, or put it as a branch off architect, or even make a new job.  What I'm noticing is that it is easier to deconstruct and then rebuild the broken building than to repair it.  

EX: I have a broken wire bridge in my current build and set to 9 on priority, it had been sitting that way for several cycles.  Needing the wire to be fixed, i just decided to rebuild it and it was done instantly.  

I think we should see more need for things to be fixed, not just from thermal/physical damage, but because it breaks down or needs some kind of maintenance.  The Tinkering skill should be what's used for it but we can consider it an alternative use of that skill much like Strength has multiple uses on the priorities table.

Repair Tasks seems kinda bugged. 

Had an air-pump in sometimes very hot areay. Repair worked fine, and all of the sudden, dupes started to ignore it. Nothing else changed. Rebuild it, and it worked fine for a while, until dupes again stopped repairing. And yes, of course, there was plenty of reachable material availlable.

Archived