Tentacle pillar

A friend of mine @mcadjo found a tentacle pillar that leads towards the atrium and can't be jumped into but only inspected, as if the two are out of sync or something. It used to work and we had a griefer and had to rollback. He says that the two where open at the time of the rollback. Is there something that we can do about it? Don't get any console messages or errors.. :?

58784671.90000001_20180811120740_1.jpg

We stopped/started the DST servers, killed the tentacle 2-3 times already and nothing seems to change. Other big tentacles work normally, but this one that is tied to the one close to atrium doesn't work, only lets you inspect.

8 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

you could always use c_gonext("name of entity")

This isn't a great solution, especially considering this means somebody with admin privileges needs to be present anytime somebody wants to visit the atrium, I believe Cezarica runs a dedicated server called "The Mighty Beard." Which I am banned from, please unban me. I think this should be submitted as a bug report, if it hasn't already.

You will need to spawn the pillars and connect them

Spoiler
  1. Sadly no one line command, follow steps instead.
  2. Spawn wormhole 1 using this command: worm1 = (''pillar-tentacle")
  3. Spawn wormhole 2 using this command: worm2 = (''pillar_tentacle")
  4. Create connections forth: worm1.components.teleporter.targetTeleporter = worm2
  5. And back: worm2.components.teleporter.targetTeleporter = worm1

I may forgot the tentapillar spawn code and got it wrong... so replace it if im wrong.

@__IvoCZE__ The prefab is tentacle_pillar and I saw the same code on the Wiki. That was the last option we didn't try. Thanks, will give it a try later a bit.

Edit: We tried this and worked like a charm. Was thinking the tentacle and wormhole behave differently but looks like it's the same thing. Thanks for pointing to that and help us fix it! Woohoo!

@Ressayez I looked up your forum name on Steam Profile search and got no results, searched for it in the blacklist I maintain and also didn't find any results so send me a PM with your unique Klei ID (KU_xxx) and steam profile id (because some people prefer to set bans on steam id than klei unique id) and I will have a look why, by who and where you've been banned. And from there onward will see what can be done.

Archived