Schrödinger's Security Door

During frustration, I decided to check the forums if there were any known issues with Security Doors acting funny.

I came across this Archived Thread,

I, as one would, chuckled at the responses, and went to check my Security Door again, it was still closed.

A few minutes later I check back in, and Lo' and behold, it had magically opened, and I missed when they did it.

(That said, the doors do seem to bug out if there's drops of liquid in front of them)

53 minutes ago, maloki said:

During frustration, I decided to check the forums if there were any known issues with Security Doors acting funny.

I came across this Archived Thread,

I, as one would, chuckled at the responses, and went to check my Security Door again, it was still closed.

A few minutes later I check back in, and Lo' and behold, it had magically opened, and I missed when they did it.

(That said, the doors do seem to bug out if there's drops of liquid in front of them)

you can also just deconstruct them. Problem solved

Before the EU, when we could not deconstruct POI, after exploring one i would nuke it with Sandbox tools and before Sandbox used debug tool's.

Debug tools had a flaw cos it would reveal whole map, so i would not use it unless i explored most of it.

But even now have to use sandbox to get rid of stuff that is still not deconstructive.

I have very specific way of building the base and if something gets in the way, i get over frustrated.

23 minutes ago, Scorpio King said:

Before the EU, when we could not deconstruct POI, after exploring one i would nuke it with Sandbox tools and before Sandbox used debug tool's.

Debug tools had a flaw cos it would reveal whole map, so i would not use it unless i explored most of it.

But even now have to use sandbox to get rid of stuff that is still not deconstructive.

I have very specific way of building the base and if something gets in the way, i get over frustrated.

Well, try not to use nukes - nuclear war is not a good thing - it causes a lot of stress, radiation sickness and uncontrolled vomiting :D ! Challenge yourself to build around those obstacles using survival-mode tools(e.g. logic).

if you have debug enabled, you can just use ctrl+f4 to get instant build/deconstruct (also will instantly make food, even if you don't have the ingredients) it will also allow you to set doors to open/closed/auto without a dupe having to use it
also it doesn't reveal the map or mess up anything like backspace does

Archived