Anyone have data on "Night Owl" trait?

Rolling my starting Dupes and I see the Night Owl trait.  As a Night Owl myself, I was intrigued.  But...  the mouseover tooltip says basically nothing about what the trait actually does.

What exactly does it do?  Is it just the opposite of Early Bird, in that they get +2 to everything at night?  What portion of the cycle accounts for "night"?  Or does it affect Morale instead?

4 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Rolling my starting Dupes and I see the Night Owl trait.  As a Night Owl myself, I was intrigued.  But...  the mouseover tooltip says basically nothing about what the trait actually does.

What exactly does it do?  Is it just the opposite of Early Bird, in that they get +2 to everything at night?  What portion of the cycle accounts for "night"?  Or does it affect Morale instead?

They get +3 to everything at night. You can use scheduler to make him sleep during the day.

2 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

I asked about it on the stream last Thursday.  Night Owl basically last for the 'night hours' on the clock, so about 3 squares.  Early Riser is the same idea, but the first 3 squares after daybreak.

So Night Owl functions specifically while the world is dark for night, and only that time?

Sounds like Early Bird (now Early Riser?) got nerfed, then, because it used to last for almost a third of a cycle upon wake-up.

5 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

So Night Owl functions specifically while the world is dark for night, and only that time?

Sounds like Early Bird (now Early Riser?) got nerfed, then, because it used to last for almost a third of a cycle upon wake-up.

Yeah, early bird, sorry about that.  Also, gratz on 1k posts.

I can't be positive about it, but @Ipsquiggle was on the stream and that's what I understood him to say.

I think its interesting that they have this. Right now I have everyone waking up and working together all day, but its a pretty good idea for me to start working on a day/night shift so that there won't be any downtime while working on my base.

Now I just gotta get some night owls :)

Archived