voiding heat by electrolyzing water

I thought that the gas coming out of the electrolyzer was a constant temperature without regard to the input water temperature, so you could use an air conditioner to cool the outgoing air and transfer the heat back to the incoming water to essentially void heat and produce cool fresh air.  I got a steam vent right next to my starting area that finally stopped and I took the hot water from it ( ~132F ) and ran it past an air con into the electrolyzer and it seemed to work at first.  Then I added a second a/c in series and at first the air coming out of the second stage was ~65F and by the time it got to my vent was a perfect 75F.  After running for a bit, the incoming water is hotter, and the gas coming out seems hotter and now after the second stage a/c is still only 85F.  Does this trick for cooling no longer work?

Electrolyzers output their gas at 70C, which is 158F.  Although you don't usually see that temp unless the entire area is thermally sealed since it spreads out, it sounds like you're just slowly heating up the area and still reaching the equilibrium temp for your setup.

As long as

• your Thermo regulator is made out of gold ore and doesn't overheat(I assume that's what you mean by a/c),
  • assuming you have enough thermo regulators to cool the air from 70° to 25°(you'll need up to 3 of them when the electrolyzer heats to 70° ),
  • you have enough hot water coming from the steam geyser,

this setup should successfully delete the heat from the air.

10 hours ago, psusi said:

After running for a bit, the incoming water is hotter, and the gas coming out seems hotter

Are you using insulated gas pipes in your regulator room (between the regulators)? If not then maybe the water heats the oxygen while it's being cooled, while the gas travels between the regulators. That would explain why the output oxygen gets hotter as the input water gets hotter as well. 

(And maybe send a screenshot of your system ?) 

10 hours ago, Ainsley4ever said:

Are you using insulated gas pipes in your regulator room (between the regulators)? If not then maybe the water heats the oxygen while it's being cooled, while the gas travels between the regulators. That would explain why the output oxygen gets hotter as the input water gets hotter as well. 

(And maybe send a screenshot of your system ?) 

Yes, I am.  Wow, I guess I just couldn't believe it would take THREE thermo regulators.

If you're already using a water sieve and aquatuner to destroy heat, you could attach a chamber to it that auto-regulates to 95 C with doors, then run sieve output water through that and send that to your electrolyzers.

Archived