My glossy dreckos refuse to eat their brissle berries even when starving

They appear to only eat from the plant if it's growing. If the plant is ready for harvest they won't touch it. I tried to harvest it and leave it on the floor but they apparently still wait for the plant to reach ~20% - they will die by that time though... :(

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

how many bristles do you have per drecko?

I had 7 brissles per 4 dreckos (now 2 - they died), but if this was the problem, I suppose the brissles would be constantly at 0% from being eaten, right? They just refused to eat and they grew ripe.

1 minute ago, abud said:

Plus screenshoot. Because we need to know potential problem like how they reach those bristles.

2121426.jpeg

May we know why that 7th bristle growth halted? Because there is a bug when their grow halted, drecko didn't want to eat them. After grow resumed, drecko still don't want to eat that until save reloading game.

Just now, abud said:

May we know why that 7th bristle growth halted? Because there is a bug when their grow halted, drecko didn't want to eat them. After grow resumed, drecko still don't want to eat that until save reloading game.

The light from the shine bug did not reach the plant at the time of making the screenshot. The bug moves though, so all plants receive light. But it may be intermittent, true.

I suggesting use lamp instead shine bug (I just realized your light source is that cute shine bug). It should solving drecko won't eat, but I don't think will solve your starving problem. Because each glossy drecko need 3 bristles to ensure they at full calories.

18 minutes ago, Tobruk said:

The light from the shine bug did not reach the plant at the time of making the screenshot. The bug moves though, so all plants receive light. But it may be intermittent, true.

13 minutes ago, abud said:

I suggesting use lamp instead shine bug (I just realized your light source is that cute shine bug). It should solving drecko won't eat, but I don't think will solve your starving problem. Because each glossy drecko need 3 bristles to ensure they at full calories.

I agree use a lamp and there's a chance the shinebug will eat the berries.  

It's only 10w and the heat generated is easy to manage

Here's a screenshot of my glossy ranch for reference, hope it helps

5b4ba25a216b2_glossdrecko4.thumb.png.ae6655c2661ff9c0dac17c0c8ab7b6fe.png

Archived