Tips for the Tournament?

Hornete

Hi there! Im trying desperatly to get into the top 100 and get bronze rewards however most of the time, I end up with 1500-2500 points But I need more to be in the bronze. Are there any tips or "secrets" you can give me? Thank you for reading

1, Use basic speedrun guide for the first 8 meals. The only change will be replacing Round 2 with Sliders if you get Bread, so only buy 1 wheat bags for your first round. And make Shooter Sandwich instead of Cheeseburger when you get Round 6 Meat/Bread. 

2, You must have Wes in your team. Serve every meal with silver plate after Round 4.

3, Only cook meals that give GF after round 5. Finish the game when you have done every desert/pasta that gives GF. (about Round 20+) 

4, Always be prepared for your next round and cook ASAP. This is the most important rule.

I get 3700 points this morning (21 meals in 26 mins). If you can make it under 20min you should be in the bronze then.

8 hours ago, maxiaogua said:

1, Use basic speedrun guide for the first 8 meals. (Only change will be replacing Round 2 with Sliders if you get Bread. So only buy 1 wheat bags for your first round.)

If you use the basic speedrun strat you end up with no milk/red marks at r9. You get 1 mark from tomato soup, then you make cheeseburger > macaroni > trifle, each costs 1 milk and gives no red marks in return.

1 hour ago, Alarsin said:

If you use the basic speedrun strat you end up with no milk/red marks at r9. You get 1 mark from tomato soup, then you make cheeseburger > macaroni > trifle, each costs 1 milk and gives no red marks in return.

Just change Cheeseburger to Shooter Sandwich then everything will be fine. Actually, I always make Shooter Sandwich in my speedrun so I didn't realize the problem until you tell me. I'll add that to my earlier post.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:59 PM, Omaremad74 said:

Hi there! Im trying desperatly to get into the top 100 and get bronze rewards however most of the time, I end up with 1500-2500 points But I need more to be in the bronze. Are there any tips or "secrets" you can give me? Thank you for reading

1. Prepare dishes in advance where possible. (You can always salt them to increase their freshness.)
  2. Salt is your best friend and is very useful. (for safes and see point #1) Sap is your 2nd best friend (loljk I just like using sap as fuel)
  3. Make sure everyone in your team knows how to cook, even when they are not the main chef. This allows each member to predict what ingredients are needed when and where. This is the key to near-perfect synchronicity. You should know the recipes of all favor-rewarding dishes by heart and you should be able to recall them at will.
  4. Know thy cravings
  5. You don't have to max the fire on all the stations every time... Maybe you can find a balance that allows you to cook multiple dishes without burning them?
  6. Have multiple chefs to cook multiple dishes to resolve point #5. How you sync your actions is entirely in your team's hands.
  7. Aim for 1 min per dish. And then <1 min per dish. You can play catch-up by preparing dishes in advance if one dish takes too long, for example.
  8. Edit #1: A note on characters + roles (you can reassign cooking roles to anyone who can multi-task really, really well, but by the end of the day, your actual roles depends on how you play the tournament with your teammates.):
    1. Wes: Early-game shopping + Main chef
    2. Webber / Winona: Main farmer /+ Secondary chef
    3. Maxwell: Gatherer /+ Secondary Chef
  9. Edit #1: Be strategic with your silverware. Don't just plate/bowl everything. Plate/Bowl the dishes that give you Favors as Favors grant the most points, followed by Red Marks, then Sapphires, then Coins. 1 Favor > 2 Red Marks, etc.
  10. Edit #1: Always remember which dishes give you Sapphires, plated or unplated. Wes, after all, can buy silverware with 1 Sapphire each.
  11. Edit #1: Learn how to catch Pebble Crabs without fish. You basically dump the Crab Trap over their heads quick enough.
  12. Edit #2: Save your spice for Fish dishes. For certain Meat dishes, you can substitute Spice with Garlic.
  13. Edit #2: Learn what cravings give the maximum rewards for multi-craving dishes. Examples: Cream of Mushroom gives maximum reward if bowled, on Soup craving. Scone gives maximum reward on Dessert craving, and if plated, on Bread craving. Cheesecake gives maximum reward on Dessert craving, and if plated, on Cheese craving. Bagel'Nfish gives maximum reward, if plated, on Snack craving (and possibly Bread but I'm not sure).
  14. Edit #2: Save your Pasta dishes. You only have MacN'cheese, Manicotti, Fettucine, Crab Ravioli as Favor-rewarding Pasta dishes. Avoid satisfying Cheese cravings using MacN'cheese and Crab Ravioli.

And finally:

While mods are definitely useful, they can't help you achieve a good team workflow. That needs practice, and mutual trust gained from said practice. Trust your team. :DD Good luck and have fun.

Archived