Question regarding Hallowed Nights skins

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Huh, you think they're going to keep weavable items outside of the market forever? I hope not.

As much as I'd love to see everything become weavable, it seems rather unlikely. So far everything has been either or. So a realistic answer to the OP's question would be a no. It's based on how things are currently working rather then what we would hope to happen. Now that could always change in the future, but there was no mention of such a thing from Klei as far as I'm aware of.

5 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yeah, I didn't think about it that way, I just made the link of weavable items being event items and stopped there. Sorry for any confusion I might've caused, OP.

To be honest, I'm lucky that I'm here since there were only marketable skins, and a few loyal ones. All these different categories are very confusing. Now we have regular marketable skins, event skins (which are freely wearable during their events, for example the gingerbread house chest skin), marketable ones that only drop during some events (the Halloween costume set is such an example), second type of event skins which drop during the event, but aren't marketable, but can be woven, and lastly loyal skins (did I miss something?). The game is almost easier to learn than its skin system(s)...

What we can say is that based on the current skin's history, no skin has ever changed its features (marketability, waveability, time-limit etc). So I think it's sure that already existing skins will remain as they are right now.

15 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Other than the temporarily available Halloween skins becoming droppable and separate pieces the second year.

Technically those remained the same, they are only wearable during the event by everyone, and we got new skins which are technically different, but look the same.

3 hours ago, fimmatek said:

To be honest, I'm lucky that I'm here since there were only marketable skins, and a few loyal ones. All these different categories are very confusing. Now we have regular marketable skins, event skins (which are freely wearable during their events, for example the gingerbread house chest skin), marketable ones that only drop during some events (the Halloween costume set is such an example), second type of event skins which drop during the event, but aren't marketable, but can be woven, and lastly loyal skins (did I miss something?). The game is almost easier to learn than its skin system(s)...

It's time for an overhaul of the skin system. Add in a couple of new rarities for event items and use the much more convenient weaving system for everything. But that seems unlikely to happen.

19 hours ago, fimmatek said:

What we can say is that based on the current skin's history, no skin has ever changed its features (marketability, waveability, time-limit etc). So I think it's sure that already existing skins will remain as they are right now.

Looks at Tragic Torch.

7 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Looks at Tragic Torch.

You have a good point there. But this is only one skin which became obtainable again after some time. But it is still unweaveable and unmarketable, so these are very unlikely to change, and to be honest, it's also not likely that the Hallowed Nights skins would drop out of Hallowed Nights for example (or any other event-time limited item).

39 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

You have a good point there. But this is only one skin which became obtainable again after some time. But it is still unweaveable and unmarketable, so these are very unlikely to change, and to be honest, it's also not likely that the Hallowed Nights skins would drop out of Hallowed Nights for example (or any other event-time limited item).

That, and technically, the tragic torch that was re-released is a separate skin altogether. It's actually possible to have 2 if you got the original one. One timeless, the other loyal.

Archived