Having some trouble with commands.

there are some commands that worked for me in don't starve but won't work in don't starve together

for example the map reveal (GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000) and the one that unlocks all recipes and so on.

any ideas on how i can fix it or why it doesn't work?

25 minutes ago, Bleh787 said:

there are some commands that worked for me in don't starve but won't work in don't starve together

for example the map reveal (GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000) and the one that unlocks all recipes and so on.

any ideas on how i can fix it or why it doesn't work?

Hi there, Bleh787. Some things have changed in DST as well as some console commands.

For unlocking all the recipes in DST, use this command.

GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes()

Regarding the map reveal, it is impossible to reveal the entire map by command in DST as far as I'm aware. Klei changed how the map system works in DST dramatically, including the code for it I believe. This is mostly due to the fog of war being added which prevents players from seeing what's updating beyond a certain radius of them.

If you're trying to broaden your knowledge of world gen, I'd recommend getting the 'fix for too many items' mod for DST. You can use it to reveal a great portion of the map, but not all of it.

I hope that helps clear up your questions!

18 hours ago, Bleh787 said:

for example the map reveal

18 hours ago, Extant said:

Regarding the map reveal, it is impossible to reveal the entire map by command in DST as far as I'm aware. Klei changed how the map system works in DST dramatically, including the code for it I believe.

This worked for me like two months ago, it worths a try.

Note : the command probably take some time to run (just tested it right now, seems to work fine)

Ah, I see. So the function GetPlayer() is archaic now even if it's still supported in DST. Also, that command does work to reveal the entire map.

Then these are the preferred two console commands to use, Bleh787.

Spoiler

ThePlayer.components.builder:GiveAllRecipes()

Spoiler

local r=25;local p=math.sqrt(3);local q=.5*p*r;local w,h=TheWorld.Map:GetSize();w=4*w;h=4*h;for _,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do for x=-w,w,3*r do for y=-h,h,2*q do v.player_classified.MapExplorer:RevealArea(x,0,y) end end for x=-w+q*p,w,2*q*p do for y=-h+q,h,2*q do v.player_classified.MapExplorer:RevealArea(x,0,y) end end end

Thanks @CarlZalph @cezarica @Lumina @DarkKingBoo

Archived