Fertilizers Shouldn't Need Dirt To Function

I don't know when Klei changed Fertilizers where they also now need both Dirt and Phosphorite to run, but there is no reason for Fertilizers to need Dirt because they already are getting it from the Polluted Water that's being pumped in.

I'm currently at cycle 800 with no Dirt, so the Fertilizer, which I was planning to use to help produce Natural Gas has become useless because Dirt isn't easy to replenish. The only way to make a reasonable amount of Dirt now is converting Polluted Water into Steam using a metal Geyser.

15 minutes ago, vonVile said:

The only way to make a reasonable amount of Dirt now is converting Polluted Water into Steam using a metal Geyser.

There is a much, much better way:

Sieving. Filter materials are free since cosmic update added regolith spam, so you only need a way to pollute the water. Showers need dupe labor, but don't delete any mass.

The pdirt production is not huge, but it's good enough for fertilizer production.

43 minutes ago, vonVile said:

I'm currently at cycle 800 with no Dirt, so the Fertilizer, which I was planning to use to help produce Natural Gas has become useless

But you probably shouldn't be using fertilizer synthesizers like that anyway.  Each fertilizer synthesizer uses 120 W and produces 10 g/s natural gas, which is equivalent to 88.89 W when fed to the natural gas generator, so the loop loses you energy.  I think they just want fertilizer to be made for the sake of fertilizer, not to generate more power. 

Archived