[MOD] Space Upgrade Plus

Around one month ago, I decided to make a big mod for ONI, and I thought I should finish it at the end of June, at which time Klei had finish all update for CU upgrade and there were still two week left to the next preview.

About two weeks ago, I told myself I should work hard or I would miss my deadline.

About one week ago, I told myself not hurry and gave myself one more week.

Today, I decided to show this semi finished mod, if you'd like to call it mod.

I only did some roughly debug. And as before, I won't promise you will not meet any bug nor promise to fix any bug you meet, even some of them might be destructive.

You may feel that some of my work is less valuable and some bad settings are more worthy to be rebalanced. I truly have some cool idea. But as I said, I didn't have enough time to make them come true.

As usual, no guarantee for no side effects. Take responsibility for yourself. And only in this time, I strongly suggest to open a new world for this mod.

Install 

Download OxygenNotIncluded.zip

Decompress it and copy it to the root directory of Oxygen Not Included.

Feature

• Buildings show their true heat generation now
  • Buildings' heat generation no longer decrease when buildings' surrounding materials are low mass

12.png.96c7a19b4a21a52faa706c44a1b20b6c.png11.png.f4682c2a921ce4b3d1fcdbc44b0900cc.png

• Building no longer reset its surrounding temperature
  • Thermo Regulator and Thermo Aquatuner show their real-time heat generation in build tool

4.png.fcbcb06c4f2779096862fc6c36576e74.png

• Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier has an extra cooling bonus now. It can consume more hydrogen to get better cooling effect
  • 3.png.ad181cada970e2f2ee71d82eebdca1f3.png
  • Adjust building submerging detection method
  • Adjust vent overpressure detection method
  • Liquid Tepidizer should not break its limit anymore
  • Different light bugs now have different light intensity and range
  • Radiant pipes can convey double mass
  • Canvas, Ice Block, Sculpting Block could give more decor but also needs higher art point
  • Increase the output of Oil refinery slightly
  • Increase the cooling effect of Wheezewort slightly
  • Strengthen some negative states such as Mourning
  • When you play game in hard mode (Fatalistic, Pessimistic, Miserable or Weak), you can't use debug tool or sandbox, and have a smaller visual zone

Tons of adjustment on material data

• Gold Amalgam convert to liquid Mercury and Electrum. Metal Refinery and Rock Crusher also make the corresponding change.

3.png.4c5df7686468902b3d5ad23e961a0b86.png2.png.66e4c87902a37e855966ed583ef5dfa9.png

• Crude Oil convert to Petroleum and Coal
  • Petroleum convert to Natural Gas and Refined Carbon
  • Polluted Water has similar heat capacity as water
  • Steam has lower condense point than before

1.png.429b7c93d4e17b701b8ff2da74205ff6.png

• Polluted Water produces more dirt when boiled than before
  • Solid material have different tag with before, which also influence on building material catalog

2.png.9210d144b94e1349dea76e5e573ee84c.png1.png.6c902e73da8e8e409d4991eabf4977f8.png

• Adjust thermal conductivity of some high thermal conductivity material
  • Adjust density of liquid and gas. Now oil will float on the water

4.png.92bc4a6b8bac04f371993589255abc75.png 

• Adjust standard mass of liquid

100 kg of gold amalgam into 60 kg of gold and 40 kg of mercury? that's mass balanced, and it's the one mass conversion we have data for in the post alone.  You're just assuming everything else is mass unbalanced despite the entire mod being about fixing unrealistic bugs, processes , and numbers?  That's an awfully uncharitable assumption.  I'd say "why not try the mod out and see if it's actually unbalanced, but..."

@R9MX4  Tried to download, 'could not locate item'

3 minutes ago, trukogre said:

100 kg of gold amalgam into 60 kg of gold and 40 kg of mercury? that's mass balanced, and it's the one mass conversion we have data for in the post alone.  You're just assuming everything else is mass unbalanced despite the entire mod being about fixing unrealistic bugs, processes , and numbers?  That's an awfully uncharitable assumption.

@R9MX4  Tried to download, 'could not locate item'

Please clean your cache (ctrl+F5) and try again, I just upload the file again because I find I miss something:(

32 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Correct me if i'm wrong @R9MX4 - but this seems like just a lot of giving people free stuff for nothing..

Additional mass/waste all over the place.

If I have enough time to finish my plan, there might be more things interesting.

For example, the buff of radiant pipe is prepared for steam turbine. But now, it might seem worthless.

Just now, R9MX4 said:

If I have enough time to finish my plan, there might be more things interesting.

For example, the buff of radiant pipe is prepared for steam turbine.

Fair enough bud, just with you mentioning balance I thought i'd throw my 2cents in. Seems like certain things even a slight buff would make ridiculously overpowered - i.e. the AETN.

Whats wrong with the steam turbine as it currently stands ?

2 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Fair enough bud, just with you mentioning balance I thought i'd throw my 2cents in. Seems like certain things even a slight buff would make ridiculously overpowered - i.e. the AETN.

Whats wrong with the steam turbine as it currently stands ?

Could me ask how did you keep pressure requirement of steam turbine?

6 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Could me ask how did you keep pressure requirement of steam turbine?

Airlock pumps and a clock sensor. I allow for periodic downtime between "bursts" to allow for a decent amount of steam to be gathered below. That way I can still get away with not powering my airlocks. 

Maybe 60-70% uptime as a rule.

Spoiler

Example from a current build - running them for 40% of the cycle using two clocks - each clock at 20% (gives me buildup time between bursts)

image.thumb.png.e37103a93bf1ccfd063ce669299c19db.png

image.png

17 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Airlock pumps and a clock sensor. I allow for periodic downtime between "bursts" to allow for a decent amount of steam to be gathered below. That way I can still get away with not powering my airlocks. 

Maybe 60-70% uptime as a rule.

I got your idea. Door pump is the most reasonable and fair way I can come up with. But I don't think it's intended by Klei. I'm still curious how did Klei run their turbine when Klei designed it.

To me, an official design is important. Players could speculate the official design, improve it, surpass it. But game designer should not say "I can't come up with a good way, lets see what player will do".

Therefore, I decided to design a new way to run the turbine and then introduce turbine to game again.

Just now, R9MX4 said:

Door pump is the most reasonable and fair way I can come up with. But I don't think it's intended by Klei. I'm still curious how did Klei run their turbine when Klei designed it.

To me, an official design is important. Players could speculate the official design, improve it, surpass it. But game designer should not say "I can't come up with a good way, lets see what player will do".

Therefore, I decided to design a new way to run the turbine and then introduce turbine to game again.

Are you kidding me ?

Klei devs don't get past algae terrariums and muckroot :p 

#incomingbanhammer

5 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

I got your idea. Door pump is the most reasonable and fair way I can come up with. But I don't think it's intended by Klei. I'm still curious how did Klei run their turbine when Klei designed it.

Klei needs to add pistons into the game that work with logic that can move certain in-game objects including gas and liquid. They already added 'redstone'. The doors are simply that for now.

12 hours ago, Megouski said:

Klei needs to add pistons into the game that work with logic that can move certain in-game objects including gas and liquid. They already added 'redstone'. The doors are simply that for now.

A piston that moves gas and liquid where you want it? I know how you mean it, but when you think about it, it sounds an awful lot like the gas and liquid pumps we already have... Except they use a lot of power, overheat at silly low temperatures and so we're stuck with door compressors to move hot gases.

@R9MX4 Here's two more ways to maintain steam pressure on a steam turbine without doors, using an infinite petroleum waterfall and using a layer of oxygen inside the turbine room.

Uptime is 100% as long as your magma heat lasts. I'm sure that's not how you'd like to redesign the turbine to work, but since you asked for how Lifegrow did it...

If I were to redesign the steam turbine, I would try to make it work with lower temperature steam again, give a variable amount of power corresponding directly to the amount of steam going through and the cooling done, balance it so that using an aquatuner to boil steam is never power positive. (but you might be able to reclaim some of the power used when boiling polluted water)

If you want to keep the steam turbine as a heat remover, instead of passing cooled steam through the turbine you could instead make it eject hot water out a pipe.

The point about Steam Turbine is that in current state it's impossible to set it up WITHOUT debug mode. Example image of turbine setup above - good luck with making it without cheats :D

Door pumps were not intended (it doesn't mean that they should be banned or whatever) - so there should be a way which was intended by game designers to run the equipment. 

3 hours ago, Sevio said:

but since you asked for how Lifegrow did it...

Actually my question is not aim at how to keep pressure, but looking for one design which Klei designer might use. If Klei use door pump, then I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.

3 hours ago, Khullag said:

The point about Steam Turbine is that in current state it's impossible to set it up WITHOUT debug mode. Example image of turbine setup above - good luck with making it without cheats :D

Not easy, but not impossible without debug. However, if newbie ask me and my friends how to set up a steam turbine, we usually say it's not worthy to try, unless they aim at fun instead of more power, or they'd like to use some tricks.

Archived