Best Krapus farming technique, preferably without glitches

First post so go easy on me :)

Been playing DST for a while now and the Krampus sack has always been a holy grail for me, unfortunately, i've never managed to get one without using one of the following methods

1. Killing birds in the forest biome (best spawn rate) with that bird hat on, and by using a boomerang so you don't have to move, until the Krampus spawn. If the Krampus doesn't spawn close your game without disconnecting properly so you can attempt it all over again.
  2. The same method basically except murdering glommer as it insta-spawns Krampus, reloading, you get the rest.

The problem with both of these is I just feel cheap doing either of them, as they're both basically glitches. :/

SO, I was hoping some of you guys were willing to share some better methods, hopefully, some that are more legitimate but also not painstakingly time-consuming.

Honestly when I want to farm krampus i usually spend some time getting quite a few seeds, getting bird traps (which is a really good way to also use a lot of excess silk i end up getting) and standing amidst the rigged traps with a feather hat just to further increase the chances. Killing butterflies in the off moments of bird murdering also gets it up quite nicely, so planting some flowers around your murder zone isn't a bad idea. Same as raiding pig villages, but, that is usually more labor-intensive than... just sitting there I suppose, and while the drops (meat and pigskin) are definitely more rewarding than morsels and feathers, typically the issue arises that you'll run out of pigs. (I once got a krampus sack on Day 2 via this method though, so who knows)

Also, a good thing to note if you want a krampus sack, is that krampus sacks can also drop from wrapped packages from Klaus' loot stash. Not to mention during the fight he'll spawn some krampi. This is actually, believe it or not, for me at least, who doesn't dedicate entire years to farming 1 specific item, more effective than the other methods (though i suppose you can do the other methods on the side if you have multiple players/want to get it faster)

Bare in mind I'm not some professional krampus slayer (though i must say, having an ice staff is super nice to grab the attention of krampus as he runs away, tongue flailing) so my advice might not be the most hyper-effecient krampus kill manufacturing way there is.

and let me be one of the first to say, Welcome to the forums!

Another option that I've seen, and was rather effective, was using bunnymen to farm krampus. Basically, you setup a farm as per normal, and place some carrots inside a box of fences or wooden walls. Place a flingo nearby, then use a star caller staff to keep setting everything on fire. This freezes the bunnymen so you can freely kill them without retaliation. During the day you can kill birds and butterflies.

Also, if you're playing as Wickerbottom, you have an even more effective method of farming. Use Birds of the World and immediately follow it up with Sleepy Time Stories. You now have a whole bunch of birds you can kill freely with a melee weapon. Optionally, you can setup a tentacle trap for dealing with the krampi easily as well.

Thanks for the ideas guys ill have to try all of them :0

the bunnymen farm sounded perfect, but im currently doing a webber playthrough, just wondering if you guys know if theyd focus on the carrots or agro onto me? Feel like its the latter haha

thanks guys :) 

I’ve had a few interesting ways of getting krampus before

One of the better ways I’ve done it is killing catcoons. Catcoons are very easy to kill as just about any character assuming you are using any weapon and are holding your F key. They give 5 naughtiness when killed, which is rather a good boost when farming krampus. And in DST, there is also the added benefit of the dens “repairing” themselves each spring, which is very useful.

Ive also gotten krampus from slapping some butterflies. It’s not fast, but anyone can do it, and butterflies are useful on their own anyway.

In addition you can also use an ice staff instead of a boomerang when farming krampus. This way you can do it as Wes or Wendy assuming the weapon you use is a spear or better.

You can also just murder anything around you for some easy naughtiness as well. I like to do butterflies/moleworms/catcoons when I’m running around the deciduous, and I usually get 2 krampus spawns each day.

Also, I’m assuming you know you get more krampus the more days the world has. I highly do not recommend farming krampus before day 50 since you only get one per spawn, while waiting for day 100+ gives you 3-4 krampus.

I hope it helps! Also, welcome to the forums!

I'll chime in from my caves-only world - moleworm farms are great for this. Cheap to kill (spear or even stale hambat is good enough), useful loot (1 stack of small jerky = 400 sanity), and if I'm not mistaken, day phase observed by Krampus is always night in caves so he'll be sleeping soon after spawning, regardless of when that happens - no need to chase him with a ranged weapon.

11 hours ago, vietnam j said:

Thanks for the ideas guys ill have to try all of them :0

the bunnymen farm sounded perfect, but im currently doing a webber playthrough, just wondering if you guys know if theyd focus on the carrots or agro onto me? Feel like its the latter haha

thanks guys :) 

It should be fine with Webber. You'll just need to take a couple extra precautions. Build during the day, and place your dwarf star just before dusk. That way you have time to back off and let the bunnymen go after the carrots and not you.

Also, one little detail I forgot to mention: only attack as the flingo is throwing the snowballs. That way the bunnymen will constantly be getting frozen and they'll be unable to retaliate. Learn to time it right and you likely won't get hit at all by the bunnymen.

Archived