Overcrowded pacu

Hello guys,

just started building a tank to save my wild pacu:

fishy.thumb.jpg.0951f3e214c2ca09e44b961a079ac01c.jpg

So my "stable" (I know it´s no real stable without a ranching station) got 96 Tiles of space (48 tiles 100% filled with water). Before the cosmic a stable just needed one tile of water to prevent overcrowding. Now a pacu should need 8 tiles of (p-)water to prevent overcrowding.

So how many pacu should my stable be able to hold without any debuff:

A) 12 pacu (8 total space for each pacu)

B) 6 pacu (8 full tiles of water for each pacu)

C) 8 pacu (8 tiles of water for each pacu)

D) Not even one of each evolutionary stage (one egg, one fry, one pacu)

It is most definitely a bug with how Pacu perceive space around them, since apparently they are only able to view the right.  Not their right side, since they can turn back and forth, but literally area that is to the right of them from the player's perspective.

It's also an extremely easily abused bug, because it doesn't even have to be a full tile of liquid.  Pools of only a few grams count as tiles for them.  So you can make a Pacu pond/tank that is just 1 "full" tile of water, with a few grams in the tile above it, and across a floor to the right.  As Sevio's thread demonstrates.

Ok thank you guys, I know how to solve my problem now ... ( 2 pneumatic doors on the left side to keep everything in a one tile column)

Not my favorite solution to build an asymetrical "stable" and let my pacu only access 1/16 of the pool.

=> So I hope it´s a bug, how pacu perceive their surrounding and it will be fixed soon.

9 hours ago, Argelle said:

Was this "look to the right" bug fixed?

image.png.351e43093050734f3738851c23940328.png

Here is a wild pacu with 8 tiles to the right, and still overcrowded.

ONI biology says 8 tiles per pacu, so it should be fine... ?

Not bugged at all. You have 22 tiles of water. There is 2 Pacu + 1 egg. Eggs count as part of the population. 8x3 = 24. Not enough water tiles to prevent overcrowd.

When they are overcrowded they will still have 7% reproduction per cycle, but feeding them algae won't boost them to 67%.

Archived