Can we get an updated roadmap?

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Are we sure they actually have a road map? If not, they seem to be doing pretty well though ;) 

No updates or edits to the thread since August of 2017.  That's a full year of no advances to the long term plan.  While I'm sure they have one internally, there have been no external communications on this matter.

The roadmap is from september 1st 2017. If anything i expect an update a year after so in about 2 weeks.

Also i like to note that they added pretty much all the stuff mentioned in the roadmap already with the expressive upgrade: Space tech, dupe interactions, lore, new biomes and critters (well as for the last one we still want a regular biome not just the space one and the iol one but it`s still fine). Most companies have trouble getting a roadmap like this done from my experience but here we got pretty much 100% completion.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

The roadmap is from september 1st 2017. If anything i expect an update a year after so in about 2 weeks.

Also i like to note that they added pretty much all the stuff mentioned in the roadmap already with the expressive upgrade: Space tech, dupe interactions, lore, new biomes and critters (well as for the last one we still want a regular biome not just the space one and the iol one but it`s still fine). Most companies have trouble getting a roadmap like this done from my experience but here we got pretty much 100% completion.

Do you ever played settlers 2 or wiggles?
I bet no, because then you would never be happy with this alpha stuff.
I am not..

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

I bet no, because then you would never be happy with this alpha stuff.
I am not..

I don`t have high expectations for games nowadays. I played too many bad games to complain about ONI.

Also i din`t say the game is perfect. I just said that they added everything they mentioned in the old roadmap in one year so i`m expecting a new one after the next upgrade hits.

A updated Roadmap were be nice. A direction where the game should go.

5 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Settler 2, the best of all the settler series.

OT: It exists a project called "Return to the Roots" with all the old settler mechanic, but with multiplayer and updated resolutions and a new tribe!

For all interested: https://www.siedler25.org/

Play it. The best mod i have ever played. The AI is much harder!

5 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I don`t have high expectations for games nowadays. I played too many bad games to complain about ONI.

Try both games i suggested, they are still running on win 7.
Settlers was the first real tasty production chain (packets) / traffic and wiggles has the dig aspect..
Both are ages old, but still fun to play..

Most stuff from the roadmap is implemented halfbaked, so far (for my taste) and yes you are right, there stands nothing about "bug free".
I have to reduce my expections in this DLC universe, it seems..

OT: ^^

Just now, DustFireSky said:

For all interested: https://www.siedler25.org/

Play it. The best mod i have ever played. The AI is much harder!

nice2.jpg

27 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Yes. I've played them both. But I liked settlers 3 more then 2. Maybe because I played it first? :p

In wiggles I didn't like that the little dwarfes will die due to old age...

Blue byte had a roadmap too, i bet, even for their battle isle series..

OT:

2 minutes ago, Azunai333 said:

Yes. I've played them both. But I liked settlers 3 more then 2. Maybe because I played it first? :p

That thing with old age in wiggles was hard/sad for someone, who cares about every single unit in strategy games, but it was nice to breed fresh ones and grow them up (for me).

40 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Most stuff from the roadmap is implemented halfbaked, so far (for my taste) and yes you are right, there stands nothing about "bug free".
I have to reduce my expections in this DLC universe, it seems..

The game is great, but how u said, half baked. It could be much better! The reason is maybe the 6 week updates. Each update from the last couple of updates has at least one building site. Some things does not work as explained or are buggy, exploited, glitched or similar or have worked and now they are broken. If the final 1.0 release will come 2019 (speculation, don't take it serious), can they fix all the problems till then? The snake tail will be longer and longer. Some bugs are fixed in previous updates, but comes back later. For example, all my light bugs died without a reason.  Was fixed, but it's back again.

Have the dev's milestones ? Goals ? Without the customers, they must have a basic idea, where the game should go. I don't see it. The story elements does not exist. The Codex Pages are not really satisfying (For me personally => Boring). The design art of the great hall (Gravitas building) looks too different in comparison with the rest of the game. Some other buildings too!

For example, many games are in early access at the moment now, but some of them have already a story! A little one, but u have a goal. Factorio is one example. The normal game goal is to launch a rocket. Not a great goal, but u have one. They have also a little campaign with round about 3 missions.

A sandbox game is good, but not forever. We play games because we need a challenge. If we beat the mission, we are proud. That is missing completely. U can proud about to life since 1500 cycles, yes, but it is not a satisfying one, because it is simple if u have some experience. The environment of the game could be so much challenging, but we have always the same maps. We need walls to climb up! figuratively speaking.

I hope they add a story soon and challenging story missions.

18 minutes ago, Azunai333 said:

No one life's forever. But I understand your criticism. At settler 2 they get old too (the carrier), but they don't die. hehe

Archived