Open Beta Begins Today!

JoeW

Hey Everybody. 

Just wanted to make a quick note that open beta has begun for Hot Lava and explain a little about what that means, and where we are going to go from here. 

As of yesterday we gave out the game to over 12k people who signed up for the closed beta for Hot Lava. We're extremely thankful to everybody for their interest, thanks for all your helpful feedback and bug reports. 

As of today all new players can purchase the game from Steam. We have the final price of the game set for 12.99.. One for yourself and one for a friend. However, we are pricing the game at a discount to for people who purchase before launch at $9.99 for 2 copies of the game.

We're not quite ready for the massive rush of early-access yet. When a game goes into early-access it becomes part of the entire Steam ecosystem with curators, reviews, banner rotations and top sellers lists. So we're keeping a low profile for now until we believe we are ready for early-access. 

So, TL;DR

Buy it now for $9.99 - 2-for-1  - See you at School!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/382560/Hot_Lava/

UPDATE_HL_COVER02.jpg

Wasn't it stated earlier that all betatesters got to keep the game? this offer about getting to buy the game for yourself and one friend is quite confusing because how can we buy a copy for ourselves if we already own it?

I was signed up for the closed beta before wave 1 started and i still didn't get it in my steam library. 

Haven't you stated in an earlier Beta Status post that all people who signed up for the closed beta will receive the game on 12.06.2018 (when the open beta starts)?

Just a bit confused since i don't have it.

Edit: Resolved, view attached screenshot

Screenshot_37.png

• Developer
17 hours ago, wtdtd said:

Wasn't it stated earlier that all betatesters got to keep the game? this offer about getting to buy the game for yourself and one friend is quite confusing because how can we buy a copy for ourselves if we already own it?

I believe you'd get two copies to give away, then.

Beta testers will keep the game, the message is likrly addresing those who didn't get in.

Archived