Please return the old research system

How about you have to throw the stuff into the science machine to analyse it. For example a gold nugget, then you are able to hypothesize a use for this material (blueprint) and then you could continue with a prototype. So you will use the machine to analyse stuff, then make a plan (option to build something with this material) and then make a prototype.

So it is a little bit of both methods, in short:

[*]- Throw stuff in the machine to analyse it (so you need at least one of each material more to gain the knowledge how to use it)

[*]- Analyse leads to potential use of the material (plan)

[*]- Plan leads to prototype

How about you have to throw the stuff into the science machine to analyse it. For example a gold nugget, then you are able to hypothesize a use for this material (blueprint) and then you could continue with a prototype. So you will use the machine to analyse stuff, then make a plan (option to build something with this material) and then make a prototype.

[*]- Throw stuff in the machine to analyse it (so you need at least one of each material more to gain the knowledge how to use it)

I think that would take a little bit too long.

I want to make a shovel with gold, not a whole space shuttle.

This is too complicated. People still have trouble grasping the concept that meat effigies take 20 health.

Anybody who has a problem with the new research system should probably just join forces and request for an "easy mode", because you could literally unlock everything in a day of "researching"

Before the permanent change you could put the ground into the science machine. The degrade rate for digging up the ground is incredibly low and the ground would give 20 points of research. So really, all it took to unlock everything was a shovel or two (before the pitchforks) and digging up all the ground around you.

Before the permanent change you could put the ground into the science machine. The degrade rate for digging up the ground is incredibly low and the ground would give 20 points of research. So really, all it took to unlock everything was a shovel or two (before the pitchforks) and digging up all the ground around you.

Agreed, that is but one of the many many ways to unlock everything. I just got bored of the world I was in and destroyed everything with the machine.I do miss getting rid of my 4% durability items though.