Insanity monsters and nightmare fuel

Surely everyone has encountered the (not so) feared insanity monsters.

After seeing these fine weapons in the magic tab, I've thought "Hey, nightmare fuel, let's get that!"

And to get nightmare fuel, you need to kill one of these beefalo-like shadow beasts. It took me like 40% of my tentacle spike to kill one of them... and it only dropped one nightmare fuel, while you need 10 for the night armor...

So, 2 questions here.

Does anyone else think they should be a bit easier to kill?

Is there another more efficient weapon for killing them?

If I'm not totally mistaken, the black rabbit-like beardlings that only appear when you're near full insanity drop Nightmare Fuel as well. That might be true or I might be totally delusional... I ain't sure if those things are even real.

Surely everyone has encountered the (not so) feared insanity monsters.

After seeing these fine weapons in the magic tab, I've thought "Hey, nightmare fuel, let's get that!"

And to get nightmare fuel, you need to kill one of these beefalo-like shadow beasts. It took me like 40% of my tentacle spike to kill one of them... and it only dropped one nightmare fuel, while you need 10 for the night armor...

So, 2 questions here.

Does anyone else think they should be a bit easier to kill?

Is there another more efficient weapon for killing them?

Hint: get bat**** crazy and kill bunnies.

Demon rabbits. Catch 10 normal rabbits store them in chest or in your inventory, then go insane with wormholes or monster food, after that rabbits will turn into demon rabbits, kill them pick nightmare fuel and eat something to get to normal sanity state.

Demon rabbits. Catch 10 normal rabbits store them in chest or in your inventory, then go insane with wormholes or monster food, after that rabbits will turn into demon rabbits, kill them pick nightmare fuel and eat something to get to normal sanity state.

Jup, very effective way of farming fuel, I have 4 chests filled with bunnies now.

haha I'm known to have a soft spot for bunnies in this game. I'll probably just put them in a wooden-walled pen. Still found no real use for the nightmare fuel. (Haven't played much yet)

I usually feel no compassion for videogame animals. But these bunnies, (wo)man, they just want to live, y'know?They try to survive here, just like us. They did nothing wrong!

I usually feel no compassion for videogame animals. But these bunnies, (wo)man, they just want to live, y'know?They try to survive here, just like us. They did nothing wrong!

Their scared sound sometimes makes me jump, though. That couns as somehing.

Because you scare them D:PS: Happy senior-day!

D: I scare them and they scare me because they are scared...*insert the obvious Inception joke*XD thanks! seems like I'm really insanely active here. I'm not even sure when the posts piled up like this.

D: I scare them and they scare me because they are scared...*insert the obvious Inception joke*XD thanks! seems like I'm really insanely active here. I'm not even sure when the posts piled up like this.

Same here, i have 700+ posts now. And i made them all in work, except for some of them which require uploading pictures. Stupid company blocking uploads D: Then again, it's logical why they block them.

Same here, i have 700+ posts now. And i made them all in work, except for some of them which require uploading pictures. Stupid company blocking uploads D: Then again, it's logical why they block them.

I post a lot of them at work, since I do it during wee lunch breaks or just off hand to take a break for 1 minute (eyes get tired if I work constantly without a break). Seems like I have a lot of work that needs breaks lately XDalso why is it so easy to slip off topic. I feel like a tiny frog in the rain, falling and tumbling through leaves of topics.

I post a lot of them at work, since I do it during wee lunch breaks or just off hand to take a break for 1 minute (eyes get tired if I work constantly without a break). Seems like I have a lot of work that needs breaks lately XDalso why is it so easy to slip off topic. I feel like a tiny frog in the rain, falling and tumbling through leaves of topics.

My case is different. I work in an office that requires certain know-how and qualifications, but since i'm just an apprentice, i can only do the basic things here. Copying, entering numbers in programs, such stuff :DI love that this whole page only has a conversation of us talking about off-topic things xD

My case is different. I work in an office that requires certain know-how and qualifications, but since i'm just an apprentice, i can only do the basic things here. Copying, entering numbers in programs, such stuff :DI love that this whole page only has a conversation of us talking about off-topic things xD

Aaah I see. And yeah I feel a bit bad for it. Just a little bit. ...actually on topic, what IS the use of monster fuel? I only killed one beardling and got one monster fuel, still haven't checked what it's good for other than a creepy looking night light thing

Aaah I see. And yeah I feel a bit bad for it. Just a little bit. ...actually on topic, what IS the use of monster fuel? I only killed one beardling and got one monster fuel, still haven't checked what it's good for other than a creepy looking night light thing

You can make night armor and a night sword by it, which is effective against the night monsters.It's all in the "magic" tab, so i didn't find it for some time, too^^

You can make night armor and a night sword by it, which is effective against the night monsters.It's all in the "magic" tab, so i didn't find it for some time, too^^

oooooh well that's actually pretty awesome... next to do thing on my list.

I'll probably just put them in a wooden-walled pen.

You are a GENIUS!

Catch bunnies, put bunnies in a pen, KILL BUNNIES WHEN FOOD IS NEEDED! Keep your own livestock! You, good sir, might have just outsmarted food spoilage.

*Ahem*

On the topic:

You can either go kill beardlings, or make a Nightmare Sword. Although, killing beardlings can be quite dangerous unless you have some taffy on-hand incase you start seeing the Terrorbeaks.