How Do I Enable Cave On a Already Played World?

I think everyone once forgot to enable their caves once in awhile.  Well , this happen to me and my friend today. Whats worst is that we already had a couple hours in the world and the world mapping is really good ( easily get the resource that we need ) I can't bare to restart it. I personally feel cave is what make the game fun so did my friend. I tired to enable it but there no options to. Do anyone know any way to enable it for a world we already started? Ty

-Lemon

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to enable your caves once you've already started.

However, unless I'm mistaken, you could simply reuse the same seed your world has and restart with caves enabled. I don't remember how to get the seed, but I know it's very possible.

1 hour ago, SavageLemon said:

wait, sorry if i dont understand but what do you mean?

They were trying to provide you a link here, but weirdly enough, the text was cut off somehow. I'm not sure if you saw it or not. I almost missed it. If you're referring to the "sock" thing, I think they meant to say they "suck" at using computers. Unless...

Hey, @csc_unit, do you literally put a sock on your computer? That could potentially cause some overheating issues. It's also kinda weird.

What, you guys can't see the link?? Thats weird I can click on the link from my post... But if it doesn't work, the one in Sinister_Fang's post works too. 

Basically it is a way to enable caves into a preexisting world. I find the protocol easy enough so you don't need to be a programmer to follow it. 

The Painfull truth is,that it's impossible.

Once I had my server, that I played long on, but I didn't enable caves,because I didn't have a computer powerfull enough (Now I do,however) for them.

But,when New Reign content arrived,I was so horribly excited,that I wanted to enable them on my server to test.

When I found out,that it's impossible, that was quite sad.

I had to create another server with caves after I got my new computer, and alas, it worked. Afterwards I could test all of the new content,but I had to say goodbye to my older server.

12 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

The Painfull truth is,that it's impossible.

Once I had my server, that I played long on, but I didn't enable caves,because I didn't have a computer powerfull enough (Now I do,however) for them.

But,when New Reign content arrived,I was so horribly excited,that I wanted to enable them on my server to test.

When I found out,that it's impossible, that was quite sad.

I had to create another server with caves after I got my new computer, and alas, it worked. Afterwards I could test all of the new content,but I had to say goodbye to my older server.

I concur. I use a laptop, it’s alright but quite lagg with cave but I got used to it. I just like caves I guess. So many things. Honestly, I don’t think I’m going to go through all the troubles for getting cave back on plus I could easily just create a new world and be done with this dumb problem. I could still play on it but I think I might as well just delete the world for the better good. Thanks y’all for the help 

Might've been something else producing a lot of lag, not the caves. But I never ran a server on a laptop, so maybe the reduced computing power changes things? (How many cores?) Personally I found running the client about 5-10 times harder for my computer, than running a server shard. So, if you couldn't run a second shard, I dunno how you'd even play the game.

Archived