YOTG skins?

1 hour ago, sosiskaKi said:

Today I opened Dainty Coatdress. It means that some YOTG skins are still droppable?

When did you find this skin?

If I recall correctly once you find a box/drop the item is generated. If you initially found this during YOTG/YOTV and did not open it until recently then the system is working as intended. (As the item was generated during the event which is intended.)

If the box/drop was generated recently and you found it then it is a bug.

6 minutes ago, Auth said:

That’s not a YOTG skin, if I remember correctly.

Pretty sure it is a YOTG skin. Added January 19, 2017, part of the Lunar collection, and quit dropping once the event ended raising the price on the market. Once YOTV hit it dropped immensely in value.

As for whether it's intended to drop only Klei knows. Ever since Winter's Feast 2017 the drop system has had a plethora of issues which thankfully have been mostly resolved. I really appreciate Klei fixing bugs quickly and not touting their bug-fix after 10 years of said bug being in the game as a "major feature" of an update.

10 hours ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

Pretty sure it is a YOTG skin. Added January 19, 2017, part of the Lunar collection, and quit dropping once the event ended raising the price on the market. Once YOTV hit it dropped immensely in value.

As for whether it's intended to drop only Klei knows. Ever since Winter's Feast 2017 the drop system has had a plethora of issues which thankfully have been mostly resolved. I really appreciate Klei fixing bugs quickly and not touting their bug-fix after 10 years of said bug being in the game as a "major feature" of an update.

I was also pretty sure that the Dainty Coatdress only dropped during the Chinese New Year event, atleast as of last year. This year I got one during The Year of the Varg. It does indeed belong to the Lunar collection, which is related to the Chinese New Year. However, the Silkrobes also have the Lunar tag while being obtainable throughout the whole year.

I suspect that Lunar collection items that were added more recently are tied to events, while the older ones might not be, because there indeed seems to be a few inconsistencies and wonky things in the works in regards to the drop system.

Perhaps they are still obtainable during the hiatus between The Year of the Varg and the next big event...? Just like some event skins are able to be woven and purchased the days following the end of the seasonal event. It would be nice to know, atleast when it comes to drops. Maybe I should use the Trade INN more often, speaking of nothing.

34 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Perhaps they are still obtainable during the hiatus between The Year of the Varg and the next big event...? Just like some event skins are able to be woven and purchased the days following the end of the seasonal event.

I don't think so, if that were the case, chests would still drop. The time extention to get these time-limited skins are only applied to weaving and purchasing, but not for the drops, as far as I know. 

So yeah, I agree it would be good to know how it actually works. Personally, I suspect that maybe there is a bug at Klei's item servers?

On 4/12/2018 at 3:20 AM, Captain_Rage said:

I was also pretty sure that the Dainty Coatdress only dropped during the Chinese New Year event, atleast as of last year. This year I got one during The Year of the Varg. It does indeed belong to the Lunar collection, which is related to the Chinese New Year. However, the Silkrobes also have the Lunar tag while being obtainable throughout the whole year.

I suspect that Lunar collection items that were added more recently are tied to events, while the older ones might not be, because there indeed seems to be a few inconsistencies and wonky things in the works in regards to the drop system.

I think you are right. I believe the first event was Hallowed Nights 2015 2016 which was months after the first Lunar set items were added. Once YOTG launched events were already in the game so they restricted it to the event like they did with Hallowed Nights/Winter's Feast 2015 2016.

13 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I also thought that the "new" skins that were added during the Year of the Gobbler/Varg were time limited, just like the Hallowed Night skins, but today I got a Quilted Outwear...

Its even more confusing that some skins (Rooslet and Trapper hats) didn't seem to drop this year. The only way I can reason them not dropping is them being bird themed and not fitting the general Chinese New Year while the Quilted Outerwear and Dainty Coatdress are not bird themed.

But yeah these skins dropping now is probably a bug. Every other events skins stopped dropping once the event ended so it seems unlikely this behavior is intentional.

5 hours ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

I think you are right. I believe the first event was Hallowed Nights 2015 which was months after the first Lunar set items were added. Once YOTG launched events were already in the game so they restricted it to the event like they did with Hallowed Nights/Winter's Feast 2015.

Hey, there was no events in 2015. Did you mean 2016?

Archived