Very very weird hot spot

Was wondering if anyone noticed anything like this, or if this is a known issue. At first i though a dupe might have carried a bottle of magma to the bedroom, but i didnt find anything mousing over the hotspot and the surrounding area, and magma is not even that hot. I also destroyed the tiles and pipes, placed fresh ones, but the hotspot reappeared. To make matters even worse, the temperature was soaring.

2ADA6987280AC37AF835AFF8FD169BF0A543F841

Just a few seconds later, the pipe simply exploded.

E6A7BC2C1F25B90C6CB6492CBB425C8CF4F8AB28

Doesnt make much sense. I still think it might have been a bugged bottle of magma, as there is some swirl above the painting. That raises another question tho, why would even dupes carry such thing to bed??? Must have been the zapper, or something :confused:

?id=1352261462

The pipe is the source of the heat I think.  It's the hottest thing there.

I got something similar to this, but it was cold instead.  Namely, absolute zero.  It leaked and spilled water everywhere.  I think it's a bug when building pipes.

Do you have any extremely hot materials in your colony that they could have built it out of?

If you deconstructed the tiles in that spot, then any thing else there should have fallen.  If you rebuilt and it happened again,  then it's the hot/cold pipe bug.  Deconstruct  .  Again and do a save/ load before rebuilding.   That usually solves the bug 

No, this is just a shenanigans test map to test new concepts, everything was built using debug. The reason why i think it was a bugged invisible bottle of magma is because ive been experimenting with very simplistic designs that use them, such as magma bottle powered steam turbine, oil cooker and some other nonsensical stuff. Could also be an AI issue, where the dupe didnt drop stuff when he decided it was time to take a break, or he did drop it but it didnt actually drop.

4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

If you deconstructed the tiles in that spot, then any thing else there should have fallen.  If you rebuilt and it happened again,  then it's the hot/cold pipe bug.  Deconstruct  .  Again and do a save/ load before rebuilding.   That usually solves the bug 

Yep, took a couple tries but got it fixed.

This must be a bug. My game started doing crazy stuff with temperatures. Polluted liquids going to my peppernut farm started going under zero until pipes broke, while the polluted liquids coming out from my bathroom got so hot my dupes got scorched. At one point the game crashed. I sent a report.

Very very odd..

Archived