A lot of traits are lackluster IMO. Narcoleptic used to be cool when they could work the night shift, but now that locking them out if their bed doesn't work, it seems like getting them to work at night is a blatant exploit. I really miss it in my bases, perhaps we could get a new perc of "napper", a dupe who doesn't need a bed, but sleeps randomly? Sort of like the diver lungs to a mouth breather.

I'm sure you guys have a lot of interesting ideas, would be fun to brainstorm some new traits.

Industrial lung - could breath CO², but get's confused, when doing to long. Permanent caugh in underpressure O² spreading slimelung. Stress causes wild caugh, with raising germs.

Mountain guide lung - Better stamina in high air pressure (+3 athletics) / o² concentration, naps in o² concentration <500mg.  Stress causes to sing a mountain guide song, which causes stress by other dupes in range.

Sock addicted - Allergic to soggy feet, mops away water automatic, when feet get in contact. Higher stamina in PO.. High stress causes him to spread water everywhere that the other dupes get wet socks..

"Fat Dupe" => this dupe likes cold environment, granting him bonus stats AND making him remember he was SANTA CLAUS in a previous life."

"Beach boy/sexy girl" => this dupe likes hot environment, granting him bonus stats and making him remember he was Justin BIEBER / Beyonce in a previous life".

This is not suppose to be serious... x)

1 minute ago, Kazumiya said:

"Fat Dupe" => this dupe likes cold environment, granting him bonus stats AND making him remember he was SANTA CLAUS in a previous life."

"Beach boy/sexy girl" => this dupe likes hot environment, granting him bonus stats and making him remember he was Justin BIEBER / Beyonce in a previous life".

This is not suppose to be serious... x)

Although you're joking, I can think of times where I'd want a dupe who could thrive in hot / cold. Sleet wheat and oil refinery come to mind first 

They will increase the interactions between dupes anyway, I'm sure there will be more traits coming alone. I wish dupes could climb on each other to construct something, sounds funny and better than building those stupid ladders <3 Build and destroy things together (the more , the faster) , because right now, it's one dupe for one build...

There's a few traits I had come up with a while ago, plus two new ones.

Glamorous - This duplicant would not be out of place on a fashion runway.

+10 base decor

Eyesore - Not even a bag over the head can make this duplicant pretty.

-10 base decor

Jack of all trades - This duplicant does well at anything they set their mind to.

Interests is set to Any, but the xp gain bonus is reduced to 25%.  The duplicant also starts +1 in all stats.

Laid back - This duplicant is proof that there may be such a thing as too much chill.

Negative stress factors are halved (eg Soggy Feet inflicts 5% stress per cycle instead of 10%)

High strung - This duplicant is ready to explode at the slightest mishap

Negative stress factors are doubled (eg Soggy Feet inflicts 20% stress per cycle instead of 10%)

Slow Metabolism - This duplicant's body burns energy slower than usual.

Calorie consumption reduced by 250kcal/cycle

Stinky - This duplicant has some serious body odor. Phew!

Emit 1g/s polluted oxygen. Reduces decor by 15 (3 tiles). Causes nearby duplicants to react when close to the dupe.

Deep Sleeper - Nothing can wake this duplicant while sleeping.

Additional -20% stress/cycle while sleeping (includes sleeping while in the massage table and narcoleptic nap). Cannot wake up due to everything (e.g. noise from loud sleepers, lack of oxygen, being killed by a shockworm or scalding, etc...) cannot be ordered to move while sleeping.

Awaker - This duplicant doesn't need much sleep to get a full night's rest.

Energy restored is doubled when sleeping. -10% stress/cycle when sleeping.

Night Owl - This duplicant just loves the night. (modified version of a removed trait)

+4 all stats and reduce stress by 20%/cycle at night. Sleeps during the first 100 seconds of the day.

5 hours ago, g5457s said:

Stinky - This duplicant has some serious body odor. Phew!

Emit 1g/s polluted oxygen. Reduces decor by 15 (3 tiles). Causes nearby duplicants to react when close to the dupe.

Bonus points if the duplicant Stinky is guaranteed to never have this trait.

In a gross humor mood tonight so be forewarned:

"Smelt it Dealt It" - has a fetish for flatulent dupes and follows them around hoping to catch a whiff. Buffed by natural gas.

"Sympathetic" - Like people who yawn after someone else yawns, this dupe copies things that other dupes are doing within a certain radius. If someone sneezes, he sneezes. If someone vomits, he vomits. If someone farts... yeah you get it. Negative effect without the stress increase.

"Pica Chew" - Pica is the consumption of substances with no significant nutritional value. Dupes with this odd disorder will sometimes be compelled to eat odd things, like dirt or clay. This will remove their hunger, but have negative effects and less caloric benefit. This dupe is essentially a human hatch. (Yes, this is a real thing.)

"Human Trumpet" - This dupe's farts not only produce natural gas, but are exceptionally loud - startling any other dupes in the area causing them to wake up or drop materials.

"Have You Seen My Baseball?" - Like Warren from There's Something About Mary, this dupe doesn't like having his ears messed with. Every time you change jobs and he puts on a new hat it makes him punch wildly at any dupes in the vicinity causing mild injury.

"Furry Fetish" - This dupe enjoys dressing up as animals. If you have a dupe with this "perk" they can create various furry costumes at the textile loom like a morb or hatch costume. Would be fun for Hallowe'en DLC maybe.

17 hours ago, Kazumiya said:

I like the idea that some dupes could be awake at night  (nightwatcher ? =P) , and the deep sleeper is perfect to counter the snoring dupe x)

"Second Shift" - Dupe sleeps all day and only works all night. Still waiting for this one since we already have Early Bird.

Probably missed it. I would love to see:
Critter Lover - This dupe loves all the critters on the asteroid and gets a +5 stat boost when they walk within 2 tiles.
Athlete - This dupe enjoys long runs, gets an athletics boost the farther they run.
Addict - This dupe loves the high, enjoys being in other gases than oxygen. +10% stress/cycle

Comedian - This Dupe jokes where ever and whenever you'd least expect it. Causes all Dupes(including the Comedian) within the vicinity to drop what they're doing and laugh hysterically.

Germaphobe - Nothing will stop this Dupe from cleaning himself. Stress +35% if hands haven't been washed in the last 10 seconds. If still haven't washed after 20 seconds, Duplicant dives into the nearest clean water pool and turns it all into polluted water full of food poisoning.

Chameleon - Now you see Dupe! Now you see Dupe? Turns invisible(with a faint outline) every other cycle.

Good Looking - This Dupe constantly holds a mirror. Halves carry weight and sometimes pauses. Surrounding decor +50.

Workaholic - This Dupe can't stop, won't stop. Job stat + 2 while working. Stress -35% while moving. Stress +50% while standing still. Massage tables are half as effective.

Lone wolf: +x to relevant job stats when no dupes nearby.

Compassionate: will automatically prioritize care over any other activity, regardless of job, anytime

Foreman: boost to nearby productivity, +stress to everyone around

Spartan: less calories per cycle, + boost to athletics and strength; decor and massage tables do not reduce stress (rare)

obsessive: perfect dupe to have around when you really want something done, penalty to stress. will not abandon task to eat, sleep, or use toilet (will just do it anywhere) (rare)

Organized: will automatically prioritize storage over any other task, regardless of job, if there is storage within a certain radius, and without sweep order.

Green: Dupe loves plants, but cant do much else. Bonus to farming/plant grow, penalty to everything else (rare)

Chef: This dupe can turn even mush bars into perfect delicacies. +% calories per meal (rare)

Singer: dupe will randomly burst in good singing when doing his main job, -stress for nearby dupes ( i totally imagine a dupe doing something and music notes randomly come out of it/him/her)

Prepper: + calories consumed per cycle (stash), when doing main job nearby dupes have caloric needs halved (snack effect)

Zoologist: boost to ranching, faster critter egg laying.

Butcher: + meat per slaughtered critter (rare)

Allergic - cant harvest plants - when is in room where is mature plant - loses some imunity & gain stress.

Vegetarian - refuses to eat meat. When forced to eat meat, gain stress.

Carnivore - love to eat meat. When no meat aviatible, gain stress.

;)

I love all these new traits, but not a lot of negative traits to balance them. Here's a few of my ideas.

Ugly: -Decor in an area, exactly the opposite effect of wearing clothes like the snazzy suit. Maybe have a new dupe face to go with it. :D 

Retired: Cannot be assigned any jobs, but has either a single mastered skill, or a decent starting set of stats. Disables all jobs.

Germaphobe: Gets sick and stressed from surface germs, just as if they were inhaling or eating slimelung/food poisoning.

Aquaphobic: Cannot path through water. At all. Not even puddles. (If that's too unbalanced, then maybe just 2+ deep pools)

Cyberphobia: Dislikes all types of computers and machines. Disables operate jobs.

Zoophobia: Not an animal person, at all. Disables the ability to ranch.

Moron: Always zero learning starting skill, and has no favorite job.

2 hours ago, Male_zvire said:

Allergic - cant harvest plants - when is in room where is mature plant - loses some imunity & gain stress.

Vegetarian - refuses to eat meat. When forced to eat meat, gain stress.

Carnivore - love to eat meat. When no meat aviatible, gain stress.

;)

I think a buff on these would be cool. 
When consumes meat, -10%stress/cycle

I think some new traits could be:

Power Napper, Sleeps for three-quarters of the night.

Hangover, Sleeps in, (opposite of Power Napper)

Btw I had a hard time thinking of names so feel free to get creative.

Some more could be:

Animal Lover, +3 in Ranching stat.

Aggressive, If comes in contact with a creature the dupe will attack the creature.

Dancer, If a dupe with 50% or above walks near the dupe then they will start dancing cheering up the stressed dupe -20% stress, can only dance once per cycle.

Waterholic, Needs to have 100g of water a cycle to live starts needing water after cycle 4 so they don't die straight away. 

Long Jumper, can jump over a 2-3 tile gap. and jump 3 tiles high.

On 05/04/2018 at 7:16 PM, Kazumiya said:

Still waiting for a dupe's ranking system : normal , rare , epic , legendary dupe <3 x) 

legendary dupe would be something like this:

Positive traits (three of these at the same time): Diver's Lungs, Quick Learner and either of these: Buff, Early Bird or Germ Resistant (if playing on Miserable Immunity)

Negative traits (only one out of the following): Biohazardous (if not playing on Miserable Immunity), Irritable Bowel, Pacifist or Squeamish

Three interests.

Preferably Ugly Crier (easiest to manage stress response in my opinion).

This is an example of an epic dupe that is very, very close to legendary in my opinion.
457140_20180206132602_1.thumb.png.97c70a6bd27ceb9682f86f423ececf08.png

457140_20180418234448_1.thumb.png.cdf441a2d86bb72a844c74c595fccabd.png

Archived