Covenyor Rails not constructed

And make sure the one you have as Mechatronic Engineer doesn't have "Unconstructive". They "can do the job", but since they can't build.. Took me a while to figure out I made this mistake myself.

8 minutes ago, Tyreth said:

And make sure the one you have as Mechatronic Engineer doesn't have "Unconstructive". They "can do the job", but since they can't build.. Took me a while to figure out I made this mistake myself.

Might be worth reporting as a bug. There's little point training Mechatronic if he can't build rails (except extra stat points, yeah, but I don't think these are all that important in the context).

6 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Is working now , the Mechatronic needs the priority to Build ... strange.

Maybe is a bug , but works now. 

I don't see how it could be a bug.  You are building a Conveyor Rail.  Critical component of that is actually building it.  Which needs the Build errand.

What is the strange part is automatic priority assignment. It sets his tinkering to very high and build to low even when building is part of his duties. In practice he does not build with this setup and needs the build priority upped manually.

Had this same problem on stream tonight - turns out you need build priority as others have mentioned.

Surely this should be tied to the "spanner" effect when a profession is adapted. Seems a little counter intuitive to have to "add" a support priority for their main role - or nothing gets done...

Not sure if it's a bug or just slap-dash-patch syndrome ?

Quick conveyor question so I don't have to make a new thread:

If I build a big conveyor loop around my base, can I have it carrying different materials, have offshoot branches and have different loaders/storage requesting different materials? Or do you need to make one conveyor per task, as it were?

I've only made one conveyor for my ranch > coal generators so far, so I'm a bit reluctant to build a massive system only to find out it doesn't work :)

It would appear that there is no "filter"/sorter for Conveyor Rails like there is for both Gas Pipes and Liquid Pipes.  You could use a single rail to transport goods to the general area, but you'd then need to end that rail, and start 2 new ones with an Auto-Sweeper.  Then each of those Rails would have only a single substance on them.

I had this same problem with other specific “Engineer” buildings, like conductive wires. Priority on Operate make dupes supply power buildings, tuning, chip making, but not construction. I believe is a flaw in the priority/job system. You have to make sure construction for engineers is equally in priority level for them to build. 

I would strongly recommend Klei developers to make requisites for Mecatronic Engineer be Arquitect and Engineer, not courier, to avoid this kind of problem.  It makes more sense for Engineers to construct anyways. 

29 minutes ago, FullMetalArthur said:

I would strongly recommend Klei developers to make requisites for Mecatronic Engineer be Arquitect and Engineer, not courier, to avoid this kind of problem.  It makes more sense for Engineers to construct anyways. 

I think the point of doing it that way is that as you set up more Conveyor Rails, the Gofer/Courier Jobs start to be relegated to the Rails instead, leaving most of them obsolete once you really industrialize.  The intention there might be that your Couriers are actually able to progress to something (Mechtronics) when you start to need only 2 or 3 instead of 6 or 7.

Archived