Taming Hatches

Not sure why I'm having trouble with this as this seems so rudimentary.

I've built a 4x12 stable for 3 hatches with a stocked feeder as well as sandstone piles laying about for them to eat, but the wildness remains at 100% for all 3 after 5-7 cycles and they don't appear to be eating at all. What gives?   

Having issues with this too, I have a rancher, he has the cool hat and everything, under priorities, ranching is at "wrench" for him.  I built a stable, feeder, arrow thingy and grooming station all those at priority 8, room overlay identifies it as a stable.  I issued a wrangle command on a hatch and nothing. Switched all to priority nine and nothing.  How do you get them to wrangle hatches?

4 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

Having issues with this too, I have a rancher, he has the cool hat and everything, under priorities, ranching is at "wrench" for him.  I built a stable, feeder, arrow thingy and grooming station all those at priority 8, room overlay identifies it as a stable.  I issued a wrangle command on a hatch and nothing. Switched all to priority nine and nothing.  How do you get them to wrangle hatches?

Did you set the arrow thingy to bagged hatches?

29 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

even if the drop off isn't set to hatches the ranger should have "bagged" the hatches and left the bags on the ground

Yes, the arrow is set to hatches, the food dispenser set to hatches, I don't know what else to do.  I even tiled over where the hatch currently is so he cannot burrow.

2 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

Yes, the arrow is set to hatches, the food dispenser set to hatches, I don't know what else to do.  I even tiled over where the hatch currently is so he cannot burrow.

Check priorities, is your rancher have ranch set to max? (right click till it looks like a wrench)

11.png.540804897c3d4aa2dedf7946c3ab191e.png

On 3/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, Denisetwin said:

Use the Wrangle tool (bottom right of the screen) not the Wrangle button in the Hatch description window. The button doesn't work for me, the tool does.

I think there's a bug with priorities and hidden priorities where if you have anything set to very high aside from ranching the non job priority takes precedence. I moved farming priority down two levels for my rancher and now she's performing her duties wonderfully. Check your other priorities and put them all to minmal see if that helps.

Archived