find geysers on any part of the map without fog.

found a trick to find the hidden buried geysers.

give a dig order to the whole map.

can see much more in alt+s (screenshot mode)  but huge lag selecting that much area, if it says not responding, just click wait lol.

if you see 4 tiles in a line that are red, means you found the netruium (spelling) stuff.

thats what a geyser is planted on.  :)

happy hunting.

hidden geysers.JPG

46 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

I use the temperature overlay quite a bit. Sometimes the geyser spots are a bit colder or warmer than the surrounding area and the neutronium usually stands out as well. 

Since the patch became live neutronium can often appear the same colour as the surrounding area, so this isnt foolproof anymore, used to be though cuz it would show up as bright blue

The main downside is that you would have to undo the dig afterward (which would be annoying if you have other digs around), but this is a good system.  I would probably do this at the beginning of a cycle, take a screenshot, and load.

The thermal overlay works close up, but it is less effective the further you are zoomed out.  I couldn't see the neutronium under my geyser in the thermal overlay until I got pretty close.

2 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Since the patch became live neutronium can often appear the same colour as the surrounding area, so this isnt foolproof anymore, used to be though cuz it would show up as bright blue

But this tip was for the hidden geysers, like the new ones that have no open tiles what so ever, so they are dormant never before used, so the temp is the same as the area around. like the new gold and dirty water geysers ive found, and in the screenshot i posted, they are 100% buried in dig-able blocks.

35 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

The main downside is that you would have to undo the dig afterward (which would be annoying if you have other digs around), but this is a good system.  I would probably do this at the beginning of a cycle, take a screenshot, and load.

The thermal overlay works close up, but it is less effective the further you are zoomed out.  I couldn't see the neutronium under my geyser in the thermal overlay until I got pretty close.

i am not talking about the neutronium. The top tip of the geyser is visible in termal overview in flashing red. At least for the larger ones that is.

22 minutes ago, blash365 said:

No it does not.

Really?  Because mine didn't show up in the thermal overlay.  I saw the neutronium with the thermal overlay up close, but I didn't see the geyser.  Nothing was flashing red.  Then again, I haven't had a chance to play in the last few days.

Archived