Day 2100 Megabase *Update with Video*

*Edit* Here's a link to the video I made today. It's far from perfect, but I hope you guys enjoy it. Sorry if I annoyed anyone earlier.

Spoiler

Hey all,

I was going to make a video to show you all some of the designs in my base, but I've realized it's much easier to stream it so I can explain any questions you may have. I have some great techniques for beginners and advanced players in my base, from farming grass / twigs / wood in bulk, to easy food production and soloing bosses. Feel free to stop by and ask any questions:

https://www.twitch.tv/rottintin

But you see there's another user who can answer all those simple questions, and he doesn't beg for views. I'm not sure I remember his username though, actually I think I do recall his username is

Spoiler

Wikipedia

Salt, from two people with high reputation? That's odd. This post was an invitation to the DST community to come check out some cool stuff and enter the world if they wanted to. One viewer did, and we killed fuelweaver and ancient guardian for his first time. I think he had a good time and learned a lot which was the whole point. To me that's what this was about, having fun. With that being said, if snide remarks are some form of cathartic joy for you, carry on.

Well, I guess I'm naive. I just started this two days ago to build a bigger community to game and share with. I'm not intending to be a "streamer" and seek no practical benefit from doing this. I posted a very similar thing on the ONI forums to a much different reception.

54 minutes ago, Rotintin said:

Well, I guess I'm naive. I just started this two days ago to build a bigger community to game and share with. I'm not intending to be a "streamer" and seek no practical benefit from doing this. I posted a very similar thing on the ONI forums to a much different reception.

Can’t you just take screenshots of your mega-base though? 

20 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Can’t you just take screenshots of your mega-base though? 

I've taken a bunch, but I feel like you lose a lot with static images. I'm going to see if I can take what I've learned from setting up the stream to make a video tomorrow or later this week for people to see who didn't want to / have a chance to see the stream. Unless of course a YouTube link is taboo as well? 

It's not that we hate people who want to lead us to their content for us to watch (believe me, I know, I've been trying for a couple years now), it's that whenever you do it in a place that's not really meant for it, it comes off as annoying. The correct subforum for posting your own Twitch and Youtube videos is here (it's under Don't Starve, but it's really for both DS and DST since DST lacks this particular subforum). There you'll find people who are interested in it.

Also, a lot of us just don't have time to watch streams and whatever, so posting pictures is a nice way for us to quickly look at whatever material you posted.

6 hours ago, Rotintin said:

I've taken a bunch, but I feel like you lose a lot with static images.

Those static images are always static, because they are static images in the very game they are from. There is no difference between the screenshot and the live game image, nothing changes. Almost all structures and base elements in this game are not actively animated, there is zero difference between the picture of the image and the image itself.

It's a mixture of you baiting for views in a forum section not designed for baiting for views, and your arrogance towards believing you're some kind of wizard at this game who knows all these magical things that haven't already been cataloged on wikipedia or massively spread through word of mouth. You don't second guess or anything, you immediately show up bragging that you've got special knowledge all players would want to ask about on your stream; for a game that has been hyper analyzed and dissected by its player base up and down for years already. Either you're arrogant, or you're trying to bait your stream more.

12 hours ago, Rotintin said:

I have some great techniques for beginners and advanced players in my base, from farming grass / twigs / wood in bulk, to easy food production and soloing bosses. Feel free to stop by and ask any questions:

Gather around peasants young and old, and learn my secret arts in feeding yourself and gathering basic resources.

Then there's also 

"One viewer did, and we killed fuelweaver and ancient guardian for his first time. I think he had a good time and learned a lot which was the whole point. To me that's what this was about, having fun. With that being said, if snide remarks are some form of cathartic joy for you, carry on."

I'm such a great person, I teach others and am all about fun and happiness. But if you savages get pleasure off biting at my heels then go ahead I don't mind.

Generally ick levels of narcissism. 

9 hours ago, Rotintin said:

Salt

Is nothing mean or repulsive here, at least not from me. Rather just an observation regarding your mislead. I clicked a thread with the "Day 2100 Megabase" title expecting some nice and creative images of.. you know, a day 2k+ mega-base. Or a video of it. What I got was "I have some great techniques for beginners and advanced players in my base" - "here's my twitch channel (link)". Thus, what I stumbled upon was a practical example of "clickbait", DST style.

Also look at following posts? Instead of us discussing (and probably congratulating you on) your base design and creativity, we are doing the "clickbait" definition dissection with examples. Sad.

PS: if you really didn't want just some new clicks/subscribers on your channel but genuinely was lazy(?!) about providing at least 1-2 global/panoramic print screens of your work... what message do you think does that convey to us?!

2 hours ago, Korlie said:

Those static images are always static, because they are static images in the very game they are from. There is no difference between the screenshot and the live game image, nothing changes. Almost all structures and base elements in this game are not actively animated, there is zero difference between the picture of the image and the image itself.

Let me get this straight, you're arguing there's no difference between screenshots and video footage? That's a bit ridiculous, you should reconsider.

As for the rest of your post it just seems like an interpretation of my OP from a very jaded perspective. Also, wikipedia has far from everything, here's proof:

@xxVERSUSxy You bring up some good point, and I'm going to edit the thread later to include a video. My initial post was intended to be very casual, and not stir up such a ruckus. Like I said, I was naive about the culture here regarding people who link streams.

As a side note, maybe let moderators enforce the guidelines and leave the pitchfork for moving tiles? I don't see how linking my nonprofit / unprofessional stream breaks them. Especially as I only share Klei games. Not much of a difference to a YouTube clip, which could be monetized as well.

11 hours ago, Rotintin said:

Let me get this straight, you're arguing there's no difference between screenshots and video footage? That's a bit ridiculous, you should reconsider.

As for the rest of your post it just seems like an interpretation of my OP from a very jaded perspective. Also, wikipedia has far from everything, here's proof:

I'm arguing there's no difference between screenshots and video footage of static objects. Like a base. Because there isn't, because they are static.

If arrogant people ever acknowledged their arrogance, arrogant people wouldn't exist.

Actually if you read that topic you stalked, I mention that the wikipedia actually does say walls not being effective for the event and that I made that topic to get further clarification from people who have tried it. The moon stone event is also one of the more obscure a newer additions to the game, which is a far cry from all the subjects you mentioned having knowledge on which are incredibly basic and old.

11 hours ago, Rotintin said:

As a side note, maybe let moderators enforce the guidelines and leave the pitchfork for moving tiles? I don't see how linking my nonprofit / unprofessional stream breaks them. Especially as I only share Klei games. Not much of a difference to a YouTube clip, which could be monetized as well.

So you tell a person to leave the rule judging to the moderators, then immediately judge the rules yourself by claiming what you are doing is a special exception even though you can actually look up the rules (which were linked for you) to see it is not. And that is brushing over the general narcissism of "don't talk to me about this, you aren't important enough to express yourself on this subject only an official person is allowed to" and again right before you express yourself on that topic contradicting your own demand.

Just ugh, I've wasted enough time on this.

@JellyUltra I find the use of the word "pro" in DST so amusing. There's no tournament, there's no league, there's no way to be a pro. If you're interested in proving your video game prowess I suggest a MOBA or a FPS. DST is a casual game with a steep learning curve. The stream was an invitation to people who are beginners to advanced (not experts) to come ask questions if they wanted to.

Let me be the first to actually respond to the topic as intended.. I like your base! I never got to 2k days as a solo player myself (Not because I can't, because I get bored), so that's impressive to start with. I also never thought all thule walls would look that good, but here you go. I like the look of thule and moonrock walls together myself ;)

Your world gen is so amazing, I'm jealous! I have to jump through three wormholes to get to my dragonfly in my world, it's so sad. 

You have quite a few neat tricks in there as well, I appreciate that!

Archived