Game suggestion(s)

I was thinking of a few ideas and I just thought I would mention them in case,- How about a comet? It could be a rare event and when it lands you could hear a loud thump regardless of how far away you are. It could explode on impact and yield 5 - 15 rocks and some rare items(?)- This one might not be so good but what about having multiple games at a time? I'm not so sure about it myself but I can see the pros and cons in it, I have had family members wanting to play but they would kill me in under a day and I do like testing stuff out, but to be fairly honest I can live without this.- Rivers? You could having them for fishing and maybe as water jugs for the crock pot or something? It could put out accidental fires?Thanks for reading :)

How about a comet? It could be a rare event and when it lands you could hear a loud thump regardless of how far away you are. It could explode on impact and yield 5 - 15 rocks and some rare items(?)

As Shadow_Of_Awesome pointed out, the obvious comparison here is with Terraria. However I should point out that the meteor incident in Terraria involved "summoning" it and it also added a new monster to the surface world. Now if this event were entirely random, spawned no monster(s), and the element wasn't something crazy (i.e. "meteor metal"), but a real world mineral (i.e. iron ore), then sure, why not? Of course my suggested mineral would need to already exist in the game and exist to be found another way (i.e. mining boulders in underground caverns, for example), with the exception being the mineral could be rare so encountering the meteor/comet strike could be a useful event for the player.As for finding rare items (i.e. not a resource)... pass.

- This one might not be so good but what about having multiple games at a time? I'm not so sure about it myself but I can see the pros and cons in it, I have had family members wanting to play but they would kill me in under a day and I do like testing stuff out, but to be fairly honest I can live without this.

This has been suggested many times before, so you're not alone. I'm not sure whether the Devs have a reason for not allowing multiple saved worlds, but it may have to do with requiring every player to own a copy of the game rather than sharing it. Again, pure speculation on my part.

- Rivers? You could having them for fishing and maybe as water jugs for the crock pot or something? It could put out accidental fires?

Agreed. In fact, I've asked for rivers for some time, as have a few other players. In fact, I'm talking about rivers in another player's "thirst" thread.

No comets! That would be... Terraria all over again

True, but it's not that unique an event when it comes to games. And this one wouldn't even create a massive crater like in Terraria, since Don't Strave lacks any elevation (3D terrain). Edited by mobius187
Removed orphaned "QUOTE" tag.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.About the comet, If it had some connection to terraria I was unaware because I don't play it but my brother does so sorry for anything that may have seemed to be linked with that.Yes I do agree that the rare items might be pushing it and I do think it should be a resource found in the game, but considering a comet would be a rare thing I think it should posses more than just rocks for the benefit of the player. Maybe gold?I will check out the thread about rivers and I'm glad you find the idea appealing, thanks for replying.

Yes I do agree that the rare items might be pushing it and I do think it should be a resource found in the game, but considering a comet would be a rare thing I think it should posses more than just rocks for the benefit of the player. Maybe gold?

Gold would be a good choice, that is, until you locate the Pig King, as he's a "gold ore" jackpot machine (feed in meat, pays out gold ore). Of course it's the best option from among existing resources. I wouldn't mind if the impact also dumped stones and boulders around the impact area, since right now boulders are finite.

I'm glad you find the idea appealing, thanks for replying.

All suggestions are a welcome sight, as the Devs want to hear your thoughts on the game.

This has been suggested many times before, so you're not alone. I'm not sure whether the Devs have a reason for not allowing multiple saved worlds, but it may have to do with requiring every player to own a copy of the game rather than sharing it. Again, pure speculation on my part.

When you buy through the bundle you get 4 copies and through Steam all you need to do is ask and they will give you the 2 extra Chrome keys. I understand completely as to why someone would want multiple save slots, but if it is as you said, the Devs provide enough keys for one purchase to give to family members.

When you buy through the bundle you get 4 copies and through Steam all you need to do is ask and they will give you the 2 extra Chrome keys. I understand completely as to why someone would want multiple save slots, but if it is as you said, the Devs provide enough keys for one purchase to give to family members.

It's been a while now since I bought my copy, but it would seem the Devs were considering this as well.

I bought it with steam and got 2 copies, one for me and one for my brother, although I still have family member who want to play this, it's not a big bother though.

Gold would be a good choice, that is, until you locate the Pig King, as he's a "gold ore" jackpot machine (feed in meat, pays out gold ore). Of course it's the best option from among existing resources. I wouldn't mind if the impact also dumped stones and boulders around the impact area, since right now boulders are finite.

I agree with the boulders being spread around the area if this was implemented. I don't like taking to much boulders around me because when they are all gone I would have to relocate for them being so far away.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks LTshinysides :) I thought since I was going to be reading the forums I might as well make an account.