Fully Automated+Stackable Morb Farm w/ Built in Airlock

To preface this, I encourage everyone who's interested in having one of these to try and build their own. To get you started, just know the fundamental mechanic that enables this build is that outhouses can be built on top of mechanized airlocks and can not be cleaned when the door is open. It's very rewarding to make something complex with automation, especially for someone like myself who didn't even know what a logic gate was prior to ONI. Hats off to Klei- my brain is stimulated when I play this game and I love you for it.

Here's a video of the build. I've enabled debug to make the video more efficient, but it's not needed to build or run it:

Not shown in the video is the count of morbs, currently at 90. Also the pressure of my puft/morb pen is currently at 290kg.

The build looks more complex than it really is due to the limit of 200 seconds to buffer gates, forcing me to build 7 to time it right with the morb spawn.

The two things that can derail this build are narcoleptics and idle dupes if they linger for over 30 seconds. To counter dupes going idle in the bathroom or in crapy places in general, build a manual generator for each of them with a 1 priority. Think of it as their gym.

I hope you all enjoy this post, it took a lot of trial and error to build this, and the video took ages to get right, but I thought it was needed. If something isn't making sense, feel free to ask!

10 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

I dont understand the morb uses slime given off by puff which uses PO2 produces by morb. What is it that we gain from this setup? Probably a noob question. 

I don't think Morb eats the slime. It just produces polluted oxygen and puft turns part of it into slime.

9 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

The what do we feed the morb

Morbs don't consume anything. Think of them as tiny polluted oxygen geysers.

I've updated the build so the morbs fall all the way down from the top through the doors, skipping the levels. This gives it a 100% success rate, as they don't have the chance to open doors to stall that are full but haven't spawned one. It's pretty simple, just connect the doors to each other.

53 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

Toilet should be untouched to spawn a morb or I am mistaken?

yeah it will spawn after 2-3 cycles. And it have to be active still. So if you disable a outhouse then it will not spawn.

Archived