oil press engine

weeze wort  ---   poly press ----- temp sensory ----- petrol refinery    Set temp sensor to 5 above ambient temp and hook it to the press, let refinery run full on, weeze wort will keep temp even and the system will put out plastic forever without overheating.  For me the temp I use is 25C and I build this setup in an ice biome

damn, i always forgot to make use of AETN i already found 4 on my seed

6 hours ago, Kabrute said:

weeze wort  ---   poly press ----- temp sensory ----- petrol refinery    Set temp sensor to 5 above ambient temp and hook it to the press, let refinery run full on, weeze wort will keep temp even and the system will put out plastic forever without overheating.  For me the temp I use is 25C and I build this setup in an ice biome

how many worts do i need per polypress?

need a puddle on the floor connecting your press to its surroundings and a single temp shift plate on the wall behind it to connect the surroundings together

replace the mesh block under the press with a full tile

image.png.dc557e550eea1c471fce45b7cfbbc3ff.png

1 minute ago, Kabrute said:

need a puddle on the floor connecting your press to its surroundings and a single temp shift plate on the wall behind it to connect the surroundings together

that would provide enough cooling so that i can get rid of the heat loss bug

I'm actually doing a build in my current survival game that combines an oil refinery, 4 polymer presses, and a slicker farm into one unit to continuously make plastic from recycled CO2 until smart storage container is filled. It's not done yet but here's a a teaser. The output plastic is 24C.

image.thumb.png.367ff8f99c01753486587b0d30d62a83.png

• all in one design (oil in, plastic out)
  • 4 parallel presses
  • all plastic drops on one spot close to the door
  • CO2 is destroyed, but could easily be routed out 
  • production is limited by a pressure plate (no over production of neither plastic nor petroleum)
  • enough splace to implement a conveyor if needed
  • space efficient

5a9a6cbd1a3d3_PLANN10Plastikfabrik.thumb.png.55c9abe12cd95eb362a56ec88d1ec9db.png

DISCLAIMER (apparently needed):

• potentially inspired by someone here in the forum
  • no rights reserved

4 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I'm actually doing a build in my current survival game that combines an oil refinery, 4 polymer presses, and a slicker farm into one unit to continuously make plastic from recycled CO2 until smart storage container is filled. It's not done yet but here's a a teaser. The output plastic is 24C.

image.thumb.png.367ff8f99c01753486587b0d30d62a83.png

wow 24C plastic output i want i want show us more

finally.... but not yet complete

g8KGtiu.jpg

once i replace the regular wires on refinery and pump, ill connect it directly to petroleum generators, remove coal generators replace with water seive then feed to electrolyzer, oxygen goes out of the room, hydrogen to AETN, also pump out all CO2 so that hydrogen will cover everything for quicker cooling, plastic is in good temp, might add conveyors. i got 11 or 12 slicksters just below it
and its survival build, oil refinery + polymer press = the oil press engine mkII

Archived