Automation Logic Help Request Please

Right now I am manually toggling these very carefully.

The line colored in yellow is the water that is coming out of my water sieve, so it has germs in it.

But Ive noticed when you run it threw the refinery, practically all the germs are destroyed.

The other line is pure water from my lake.

I want to make sure my electos are not stopped as I have run out of algae now. But I dont want to use pure water when I dont have to.

I am not very good with the logic system yet, can someone take my setup here and show me how I would in the space avail of my base, include an automation setup so that the valves automatically toggle back and forth when the refinery is on / off.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Water Toggle.JPG

Refineries don't send out a logic signal to work with

If you are relying on a water sieve you will run out of sand sooner or later

I suggest you tap into a steam geyser for your electos

Or make a morb/puft farm for slime you can refine into algae

2 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Refineries don't send out a logic signal to work with

I suggest you tap into a steam geyser for your electos

Or make a morb/puft farm for slime you can refine into algae

ya, i havent played with that type of content yet, and havent found a steam gyser, I have a natural gas one very near my starting point, and a few oil ones about 150 -200 or so tiles below me, so im swimming in dirty water.

1 minute ago, MythN7 said:

ya, i havent played with that type of content yet, and havent found a steam gyser, I have a natural gas one very near my starting point, and a few oil ones about 100 or so tiles below me, so im swimming in dirty water.

you could make a boiler

Just now, Neotuck said:

you could make a boiler

ive tried following things i see online, but most of the videos that show that kinda content are in the cheat mode where they just spawn stuff in, so its hard to follow.

Also, I cannot even come close to figuring out how to not make my pipes burst past 60 deg fluid temp, using abys mat.

Ive somehow even had insulated pipes burst from being to cold the reason said, but the water going in the pipe was in the 20 deg. but somehow it got to single digit when the water was not not moving threw it.

I diden't realize i used insulated pipe, so only 1 of the chain was that type.

Im still trying to get the hang of basic temp management for both gas and fluid.

Its not a huge deal to manage my 2 valve system when the refinery is on cause the refinery is not running much.  I accidentally left the  rock crusher on cont, for about 50 cycles, only noticed when it said i dident have enough raw metal, LOL, and i looked and had 20T of refined metal. heh.  Also that thing turns basically anything into sand, so yea, its not a huge deal.

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

pipe's bursting at wrong temp is a bug that I hope will be fixed soon.  

dig around your map, all maps have 2 steam geysers you just need to find them

ya, im just getting setup to start exploring, need a good exo suit system going since my whole starting area is locked in a toxic pocket.

Above me is a ton of bleach stone and slime.

All around the rest is huge areas of slime.

I guess having the natural gas geyser right there is prob the reason.

You could put a pressure plate out where the metal comes out of the refinery.  When the pressure plate is hit, turn off the pure water source for a period of time.  So long as you don't have a stampede of dupes in that area or a lot of litter, you should be fine.  Though you need to remember to move the refined metal.  Here, the pressure plate, when triggered, makes the output of the OR false for how ever much time is on the filter gate.

7B04E2AAA54704726D086741A23E684242BB07F4

However, I wouldn't bother unless your metal refinery water pipe is backing up.  All the dirty water will eventually be used and every gram of that water is water not used from the clean water reservoir.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

There are hundreds of tons of natural sand on the map + you can literally crush every single mineral on the map into sand.

How many ten-thousand cycles are you playing to run out of sand?

19 minutes ago, Lacost said:

There are hundreds of tons of natural sand on the map + you can literally crush every single mineral on the map into sand.

How many ten-thousand cycles are you playing to run out of sand?

The fact that it is still a finite resource is the reason most players look for alternatives regardless of how long it lasts

8 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

he got a point, slime from puft or fertz from synthesizer which is power by natgas gens are pretty much an infinite source so thats equal infinite sand

First off synthesizers power natgas gens not the other way around

second, how does infinite slime and fertilizer equal infinite sand? 

You guys are missing my point, I know dirt is easy to make however turning it into sand is not.  Aquatuners won't do it as they break after 125C

Unless you guys can show me an infinite way to cook dirt into sand (326.9C) it's still finite 

1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

i was messing around with steam engine when the nearby algae turned dirt, after a few second it turned to sand. so the temp is around 200c+

and what was the source of the heat?

Archived