Automation Logic Help Request Please

Well, the way the game is at the moment if you use the refined metal duplication "trick" you can use magma as a heat source and have no problem with cooling the magma - because the metal you use for thermal plates is already as hot/hotter than the magma

That is obviously not intended, but it can be done.

1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

i think it was steam, 250c of steam since thats the working temp of steam engines, like i said i was messing around with it
algae shows an animation like that of a melting ice

Dirt turns into sand at 326.9C and steam engines don't "create" steam

as far as I know magma is the only heat source in the game that can heat up dirt into sand and magma is finite therefore so is sand

27 minutes ago, TheOlz said:

125 for slime to dirt, iirc.

I can't remember for dirt to sand, either way though I wouldn't use magma to do it

Aquatuners create huge amounts of heat

Well, the way the game is at the moment if you use the refined metal duplication "trick" you can use magma as a heat source and have no problem with cooling the magma - because the metal you use for thermal plates is already as hot/hotter than the magma

That is obviously not intended, but it can be done.

ok first you said you would't use magma then you said you would.  Also the Devs are aware of the metal duplication exploit and will most likely fix it soon so we can't rely on that as a solution

It's been around for a few patches already (since automation), it'll get fixed when it gets fixed.  Like drip cooling - dev's have known about it for a long time, it's still to be fixed.  I'm not sure these type of bug/exploit fixes are really their focus at the moment, getting content into the game is.

Nothing that's in the game is really final yet, so I wouldn't rely on any of it as a solution...

There are a few things that have been data mined that are about heat creation in large amounts (and high temps), so the answers will probably come in due time.

In the meantime, there are available solutions, whether you want to use them is entirely up to you.

4 minutes ago, TheOlz said:

It's been around for a few patches already (since automation), it'll get fixed when it gets fixed.  Like drip cooling - dev's have known about it for a long time, it's still to be fixed.  I'm not sure these type of bug/exploit fixes are really their focus at the moment, getting content into the game is.

Nothing that's in the game is really final yet, so I wouldn't rely on any of it as a solution...

There are a few things that have been data mined that are about heat creation in large amounts (and high temps), so the answers will probably come in due time.

In the meantime, there are available solutions, whether you want to use them is entirely up to you.

Fair enough, I guess I just haven't found what what the available solutions are yet so I'll keep looking for alternative ways to clean PW without using sand for water sieves 

@Neotuck you are correct sand is not renewable but with all the finite sources to get it you have 1000s of cycles to use it.However I still don’t use it even tho I know I probably won’t run out so I am on you’re side.making sand from dirt is a joke not possible without magma and a storage compactor full of dirt even in molten temperatures will take like 30 cycles to turn to sand so don’t waste you’re time trying to make sand.

The best way to clean pw is to boil it if you use the flashing tepidizer you can easily process a full pipe of pw you can also use a aqua tuner in oil to boil pw.

Wow, still havent found a steam gyser, the only ones ive found are 1 natrual gas, and a few oil, and the 2 special cold making machines.

Pretty much got the whole right side of the map from the portal uncovered top to bottom.

is there a way you can capture your whole map in 1 image to show your world.

not cheat like reveal fog, just like a super zoom out look.

im almost on day 300, the only way ive survived this long on pure water is from using sieve as much as possible, and carving out a whole cold zone and storing the ice near my pure water source, and constantly building ice blocks in it so they melt, as they have 0 germs.

Archived