Don't Starve+ Redirect Page

Sliver

And with that, the Horrific Mod is now finished! I am hard at work on Scarcity, and the mod should be 100% done by tomorrow, at the absolute LATEST on Tuesday.I have been wracking my brain trying to get this thing finished. I should probably do my homework, or at least drop out of college...

Edited by Sliver

Great job. There's a repeat typo in the description though, there's two "Spider dens cannot be burned down".

Thanks, I got it fixed. I've edited the features section so much, that's bound to happen.Added compatibility section.Just got some time to sit down and play the completed mod, and I actually enjoy the difficulty level quite a bit. It's punishing, but not impossible. Finally I have to constantly get more food rather than just having food to last me weeks by day 8. By the way, died on day 10 to a hound attack.

Alvhem: That's really weird, I never even touch anything close to save files. I have no idea what happened to you, but I'm very sorry!

As I said, I don't think that it had to do with the mod, because it did crash right when i was deleting saves.And I fixed it, just installed the testing tools mod and turned it to day 70, suicided and got all my characters back.So no worries.and i will still be using the mod unless something more happens.

[MENTION=9585]Alvhem[/MENTION]Remember by modding the game you have....Entered the DANGER ZONE! :DAlways make sure to BACKUP YOUR SAVED GAMES AND GAME PROFILE WHEN INSTALLING ANY MODThey are either in your steam folder under "\userdata\<<your steam id>>\219740\remote" or in your Documents folder under "\Klei\DoNotStarve\save"EDIT:Ninja'd....ok well you found a worked around....goodEDIT2:Come to thing of it....One thing that would help us modders out is for players to post the error message found in the log.txt file in the game's bin folder (using the spoiler tags please)You have to do this after the game crash BEFORE running the game again since this file is replaced each time you run the game.

Edited by WrathOf

I'm really excited to see what other mods they come out with. I hope this game reaches a point of which minecraft's community has come with mods, but still be a fun game without mods...unlike minecraft(mods made the game what it is.)

[MENTION=3155]Silver[/MENTION]Now you know very well that your mod is for the hardest of hardcore players....i.e. not that many...but it was needed for you bored old-timers (of the game) with a death wish. :biggrin-new:Many of us still prefer a rather tranquil game with some but not too much drama. :D

[MENTION=3155]Silver[/MENTION]

Now you know very well that your mod is for the hardest of hardcore players....i.e. the vast majority...but it was needed for you bored old-timers (of the game) with a death wish. :biggrin-new:

Many of us still prefer a rather tranquil game with some but not too much drama. :D

I fixed that for you, seriously the polls have shown this more then once.

I've been playing with this mod for a few hours now and i got a few things to say about it.First thing is spiders, their spawn rate is a tad bit to high:

post-9585-13764591214992_thumb.png

And the amount of food in the worlds is too damn high! Food is supposed to be scarce, not everywhere;The increased spoil rate counters that though.Other than that I have no major complaints.:applause:EDIT:Just found another thing, the garland crashes the game and deletes the save file when i put it on, this never happened before I installed mod.Can it be related to the increased spoiling rate?

Edited by Alvhem

The garland crash is NOT from my mod, my game had this issue before I even started working on this mod. Tell klei, because it's not meThe scarcity mod currently increases the time that it takes for resources to regrow (rabbits, berry bushes, pig houses, etc). In the next update, I will remove that and make it so that the map just spawns with less of these resources. I'll do the same for saplings and grass as wellI will also slightly reduce the amount of spider nests in the game. I still want there to be a LOT of nests, but right now it's a bit ridiculous. I've also noticed that the nests have way too many warrior spiders, and I'm not sure why that is happening. Looking into it soon

[MENTION=9585]Alvhem[/MENTION]Are you using a mod to replace the strings.lua or hats.lua files? They may be older than the second hotfix Klei released.When your game crashes, make sure to immediately go the game's bin folder and look at the error message in the log.txt file.Post the error in a relevant mod thread or if it occurs after reverting to the base game then post in the bugs section.Thanks!

[MENTION=9585]Alvhem[/MENTION]Are you using a mod to replace the strings.lua or hats.lua files? They may be older than the second hotfix Klei released.When your game crashes, make sure to immediately go the game's bin folder and look at the error message in the log.txt file.Post the error in a relevant mod thread or if it occurs after reverting to the base game then post in the bugs section.Thanks!

Well i have been doing some translation...But otherwise i do not have any mods installed, and i totally forgot to check the crash log