Efficient way of cooling Sleet wheat farm?

I would go with cooled co2 and make the entrance from top so it won't mix with warmer o2. Use a p-water aquatuner setup to cool it if needed or cool the co2 with regulator and run it back to the farm

I think the hardest part is to cool the water but still manageable.

I build a small oil reservoir beneath the farm and pump the heat somewhere where i can get rid of it.

The heat seems to move just fine with a metal tile wall between the oil reservoir and the hydroponic farms.

This farm was kind of a test setup. Wanted to see how it would work. - sadly the adjacent cooling effect is not even enough to cool down some berries...

20180218055913_1.jpg

2 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

This farm was kind of a test setup. Wanted to see how it would work. - sadly the adjacent cooling effect is not even enough to cool down some berries...

You could try to make a pipe radiator behind your berries, pumping your cold crude oil, but with an automation valve only opening when the temperature inside your berry room is above 25°C and maybe add some tempshift plates but i doubt they have a big effect

24 minutes ago, Roboson said:

I'm still a huge fan of the old school hydrogen radiator. It's probably not the most efficient system, but it seems to work decently for my bristle blossoms. 

Plus, they're beautiful to look at. 

I have yet to do this in the new Occupation update, but in my previous save before it this is exactly what I went for.  In fact, put together a two room system that combine cooling the sleet wheat with heating the pincha pepper room:

Oldsleetpinch.thumb.jpg.00799cfc6e9f2573d2e08cc0610632fb.jpg

Basically, the thermo-regulator sits in a small slick of crude oil and easily transfers it's heat to the rest of the room since it travels all the way across the room and is in contact with the bottom hydroponics tiles.  Even though the polluted water disappeared quickly within them, it still provided enough cooling to keep the thermo-regulator cool 'enough' while keeping the sleet wheat sub-zero.  In order to stabilize the temperature in the pincha pepper room, I fed it water from a carbon skimmer.  Of course, this was when you could throttle how much water to feed plants, but on the other hand with the re-balancing of each of the plants in general, I feel pretty confident that I could rebuild this in a new save and have it still function.

@The Flying Fox

It's off topic but what do u think of warming pincha peppers with an electrolyzer inside the room? The temp would always be in the butterzone and you could use the hydrogen to power the electrolyzer and maybe the irrigation pump so it's energy efficient and use the warm O2 for - what's the name -"hazard suits" and spare your cold O2 for your base

@Yoma_Nosme

Yeah, I could see that working pretty well too as long as you're actively pulling some of the O2 made for like the exosuits and stuff.  Otherwise if you don't pull oxygen from the room, the electrolyzer will take a while to heat up as much air won't be used in the room from your farmer.  But yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea as well.

Archived