I've modded diamond back into da game

46 minutes ago, Exa said:

so it overheats at 2075C and melts at 260C? hum

That's probably a just a category thing however I'm not sure whats the hierarchy here in case of what happens first overheat or meltdown

It appears that metal ores have melting point bound to category of item

I JUST NOTICED THERE ARE 2 Melting points in the item panel one one the main page and one on the third it says 3990C (Diamond)

I've just put it next to lava it didn't melt 280C on pump

5 minutes ago, magei said:

Wow, Someone didn't do chemistry at school xD Diamond is basically carbon dioxide super compressed and heated xD It's probably as far away from metal as magma it's self is xD

Well its up to devs where they gonna put diamond as (Probably to a raw mineral) because of right now you can only legit make tempshift plates out of diamond

But yeah I see now the reason why diamond wouldn't work unless it would be mix of diamond and other metal to construct stuff

21 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Takes long to build. Sleeping in cots, but diamond framed pictures..
Can you edit some emitting material like oxylite and let it emit dupes?

I imagine that making dupes spawn of oxylite would be a hard thing since they aren't an item or are they? (Or oxylite's behavior is buried inside the compiled game code)

The cots I'm just too lazy to make a new sleep room got around 43T of plastic stored I've got to deal with too high amount of CO2 (Also cots give no decor bonus so nuuuuuu because their default value is 0 * 0,20 = 0)

Anyway gonna test if the diamond mod breaks after updating the game if not then bless Klei

Yep it doesn't break save even though you can't build nothing with it until re-updated so I'm golden

1 hour ago, TehPlayer14 said:

I imagine that making dupes spawn of oxylite would be a hard thing since they aren't an item or are they? (Or oxylite's behavior is buried inside the compiled game code)

But would be cool, when you open a ruin and a mob of dupes is storming your food reserves ^^

Just a thought probably going to be useless because how they work but could you make it where Liquid Tepidizer can be made out of diamond so we can run a steam turbine without using lava anymore.

Or you have already done this.

43 minutes ago, hyev said:

Just a thought probably going to be useless because how they work but could you make it where Liquid Tepidizer can be made out of diamond so we can run a steam turbine without using lava anymore.

Or you have already done this.

Yeah pretty much or just drop a bit of lava to the water so it would insta boil

Archived