Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

jesuisralph

No Christmas or Chinese New Years Event for PS4?

Recommended Posts

jesuisralph    118

PC Players are already getting Chinese New Year event with a bunch of nice skins (fire pit, birdcage, dragon statues, etc...) meanwhile PS4 players is left in the dust with Halloween Event that doesn't even give any Hallow skins, only thing we have is useless candy trinkets..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoscopeFelix    2,653

Well to honest I highly doubt it that we will get it as a event. We will probably be able to buy the skins and get the log in bonus. Sorry if I’m a bit of a downer but since they are already working on the forge and winters feast this might come much later or never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josonic    206
16 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Well to honest I highly doubt it that we will get it as a event. We will probably be able to buy the skins and get the log in bonus. Sorry if I’m a bit of a downer but since they are already working on the forge and winters feast this might come much later or never.

They aren't working on winter's feast for ps4, or at least not near to the extent that PC got it. They said that instead of winters feast they are working on releasing the February seasonal (year of the varg) event to us around the same time as PC (although I'm doubtful they have the same definition of 'around the same time' as I do). Who knows what pieces of the new update will be left out for us peasants if they do stick to their word and give us it around the same time as pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoscopeFelix    2,653
7 hours ago, Josonic said:

They aren't working on winter's feast for ps4, or at least not near to the extent that PC got it. They said that instead of winters feast they are working on releasing the February seasonal (year of the varg) event to us around the same time as PC (although I'm doubtful they have the same definition of 'around the same time' as I do). Who knows what pieces of the new update will be left out for us peasants if they do stick to their word and give us it around the same time as pc

Really where did they say that? Welp I kinda wanted the emote from winters feast but I guess beggers can’t be choosers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josonic    206
13 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Really where did they say that? Welp I kinda wanted the emote from winters feast but I guess beggers can’t be choosers.

You still might get the emote, I don't really know. He wasn't very clear when he said you won't be getting the event but you will get content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jesuisralph    118

PC players get more than 4 skins, they get mystery chests which gives them chances to earn 4 skins per chest.. if they get 4 mystery chests, they can get up to 16 skins per week. mostly event rare stuff.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axxxel    28

That is why I didn't play since January now. I feel klei let me down this time. I know I am just customer...just a number for klei. But personally I feel that they don't even care. It's not only for this year missing events. When you see that they imported the game for consoles without to care about console players. We always will be few steps behind. We always will miss something... mostly - their attention. Since the game is on consoles - there is not even a plan how the players will receive more skins, so they can be equal with pc...and thats NEVER gonna happen.

My job is very time sensitive and I always have deadline. But I am still at my job, because I can deal with deadlines...if I can...they can too. Only if they take the console players seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jesuisralph    118
10 hours ago, Axxxel said:

That is why I didn't play since January now. I feel klei let me down this time. I know I am just customer...just a number for klei. But personally I feel that they don't even care. It's not only for this year missing events. When you see that they imported the game for consoles without to care about console players. We always will be few steps behind. We always will miss something... mostly - their attention. Since the game is on consoles - there is not even a plan how the players will receive more skins, so they can be equal with pc...and thats NEVER gonna happen.

My job is very time sensitive and I always have deadline. But I am still at my job, because I can deal with deadlines...if I can...they can too. Only if they take the console players seriously.

The problem is also with Sony - I wouldn't 100% blame Klei for all the delay, I read a quick update post from one of the PS4 DST dev, he said that it there's something going with console certification that is causing the delay which I think it has something to do with Sony. I do wish Klei would communicate with the console community more often like they do with the PC community.

It sucks how we're stuck on Hallow event yet the weekly skin reward is the normal non-event stuff, the only Hallow things we have is useless trinkets. I play every week on multiple accounts to see if I get anything rare but I only get pants, shirts or skirts... and they never answered if they have disable the chances to get Halloween skins or not. And there was a Christmas temporary chest skins for everyone to try, they recently removed it without even telling us why... the lack of communication towards the console community is just sad.

PC players also got 3 FREE skins for playing during Valentine's Day

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axxxel    28

You just prove my point. I play it on ps4 since launch (September 2016 if I remember right). And with my girlfriend, we played it regularly. Till this day I have only 3 distinguished skins. I'm so sick of all this skins not equality with other platforms, so I even play without any skins. I just don't care anymore about them. Klei made me not care about them. I want to play dst...but when I check and still see the Halloween update...I turn it off. It's gonna be march and the pig king still gonna throw some candies at me. How the hell I can take the game Devs seriously, when even they don't care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mncmarkyd    43

Its not all down 2 sony._ its klei not wanting 2 spend the time on console coz they have a year of not updating console why pc kept getting new updates sayin its this and that, we 30% of the game, they r releasing it on cd in April when ppl buy the game and find out its 30% of wots on pc they will have a big back lash Also development team stop saying u r getting console players into the forge when we allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll know its a lie, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyAzure    322

Wow complaining spoiled kids some of you sound like, PC has always been the first. Complaining is bad karma imo. As a 100% console player I know it sucks and we feel like one of Cinderella’s step sisters is laughing in our face...when is our turn? I want to ride in an oversized pumpkin too and fight in a forge. 

I got on DST for the first time in 3 months, excited in hopes some awesome new content would be there, and it wasn’t. Disappointing yes, although I do think Klei is a great developer. I’ve met them and they were not stuck-up, they listened to what I had to say, they seemed down to Earth.

I don’t think it’s fair to just push all blame on them and then cry in a corner. You want to see lack of support for a game go to the Bungie forums. I think Klei does a great job and is trying, and at least they reply to posts and have support for their game, never got that from Ubisoft lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josonic    206
5 hours ago, LadyAzure said:

Wow complaining spoiled kids some of you sound like, PC has always been the first. Complaining is bad karma imo. As a 100% console player I know it sucks and we feel like one of Cinderella’s step sisters is laughing in our face...when is our turn? I want to ride in an oversized pumpkin too and fight in a forge. 

I got on DST for the first time in 3 months, excited in hopes some awesome new content would be there, and it wasn’t. Disappointing yes, although I do think Klei is a great developer. I’ve met them and they were not stuck-up, they listened to what I had to say, they seemed down to Earth.

I don’t think it’s fair to just push all blame on them and then cry in a corner. You want to see lack of support for a game go to the Bungie forums. I think Klei does a great job and is trying, and at least they reply to posts and have support for their game, never got that from Ubisoft lol.

They've admitted that they were the problem with not getting updates out, not Sony. Who else should we push the blame on. We never even got winter's feast. Maybe you're new to the Don't Starve universe but it didn't used to be like this, they didn't used to lag behind PC for very long at all.

Also, it wasn't until several people started making a lot of complaints that they came forward saying they were slacking. While I'm more than willing to give them credit when it's due, I'm not gonna sit by as they treat console users as not a concern.

Edit: I've seen the argument in defense of how they've treated console several times on this forum, that because another developer is worse, that we should be happy with how Klei has been. That's a horrible argument. You can always find a developer that does something worse so we can't ever complain about anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyAzure    322

Not going to sit by as they treat console users as not a concern? Then what is It you plan to do that’s positive to help fix it other then complaining?

Please enlighten me on the feasible solution you can offer about you are doing to fix this? Complaining and moaning isn’t a remedy, it’s  just a headache.

Making a valid and knowledgeable argument with facts is better then bickering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josonic    206
4 hours ago, LadyAzure said:

Not going to sit by as they treat console users as not a concern? Then what is It you plan to do that’s positive to help fix it other then complaining?

Please enlighten me on the feasible solution you can offer about you are doing to fix this? Complaining and moaning isn’t a remedy, it’s  just a headache.

Making a valid and knowledgeable argument with facts is better then bickering. 

Positivity hasn't worked. I truly believe the complaints worked. People were largely optimistic for years as Klei's support for console dwindled. Shorty after the increase in complaints started, they addressed the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyAzure    322

Hey whatever keeps you going I suppose. Personally I believe in positive attitudes helping and not moaning and complaining. I am not getting on to you or anything, I just hate seeing endless posts of blah, blah, blah, me, me, me, and mine, mine, mine. It is a downer lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites