Coconuts falling on head

Petzi

Do coconuts still fall on your head when you're chopping Palm Trees? I made a new game after the update (great hounds, by the way!) and I haven't had this happen yet.

I suppose it's a good decision if they removed that, because at some point we need to break free from the Stockholm Syndrome we have regarding this game and accept that it's abusing us. It was pretty unique, but come on. It seemed impossible to dodge and happened pretty often.

On 9.02.2018 at 5:21 PM, Petzi said:

Do coconuts still fall on your head when you're chopping Palm Trees? I made a new game after the update (great hounds, by the way!) and I haven't had this happen yet.

I suppose it's a good decision if they removed that, because at some point we need to break free from the Stockholm Syndrome we have regarding this game and accept that it's abusing us. It was pretty unique, but come on. It seemed impossible to dodge and happened pretty often.

I can't freely chop trees, becasue snakes everywhere. I can't chop palms, becasue coconuts faaling in my head. 

One of the most stupid thing in games is make "everything against the player". A coconut falling from three and deal damage. What for? Thre is not enough threats around? What exactly bring that "feature"?

Maybe in next update or DLC we get a Ifrit - randomly appear from any fire source and attack us? Or something equally stupid.

1 hour ago, Wilkinson said:

I can't freely chop trees, becasue snakes everywhere. I can't chop palms, becasue coconuts faaling in my head. 

I wonder what will you say when you meet the poisioned birchnut tree or a treeguard? 

What exactly bring that "feature"?

It's simply another challenge in this uncompromising wilderness survival game that you have to adapt to. Like many other mechanics in this game: they try to kill you and you must learn how to survive them.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

I wonder what will you say when you meet the poisioned birchnut tree or a treeguard? 

I say exactly same. Oh, wait! I try play Shipwrecked 5-6 times. Once I meet a venomous snake on island where I spawn. It's the same stupid crap as falling coconuts.

It's simply another challenge in this uncompromising wilderness survival game that you have to adapt to. Like many other mechanics in this game: they try to kill you and you must learn how to survive them.

It's simply stupid idea. Of curse you don't understand what is a "challenge". There is a big difference between "challenge" and "unbetable content". 

Challange is, when player can deal with that. A falling coconuts and dealing damage are stupid, cheap way to show a middle finger to players. It's not funny, it's not intresting. Is just annoying and stupid. Especialy, if you not have a simply way for heal yourself. Same with a posion.

Coconuts try to kill you! Of course! Becuase is so logic, there is no way for avoid that. Becaue is so, so, so obvious, if you try chop a palm, a coconuts always fall directly on you head! Not even a percentage chance of that. Becasue coconuts are evil! For God's sake...

Whats next? A traps everywhere? Maybe kill player instatnly after respawn? Seems legit.

uncompromising wilderness survival game that you have to adapt to.

Adapt to being killed by avoidable coconut. Adapt to being killed becasue of that is simply not fun and stupid. This is not a uncompromising survival. Is a idiotic nonsense. 

It's really not hard to make a game unplayable setting too high a level of difficulty, It is much harder to balance everything to make sense, and it was not a wall in which you banging your head for the dead and start everything again after dead.

Surival means coping with difficulties, not lacking the ability to deal with coconuts falling from trees.
This is not survival, just martyrdom. You can also make a game about dying on torture. So much fun.

Surival means coping with difficulties, not lacking the ability to deal with coconuts falling from trees.

It seems you lack the ability to deal with it. If you have armor, the damage is insignificant, if not, you can heal up with 3 butterfly wings. There are always butterflies on the spawning island, kill some and you'll be able to heal back multiple injuries. 

if you try chop a palm, a coconuts always fall directly on you head! Not even a percentage chance of that.

According to the wikia, that is 1%.

I try play Shipwrecked 5-6 times. Once I meet a venomous snake on island where I spawn.

You can run away from them to avoid getting poisioned. You could also kite the snake, but I guess that's still a bit difficult. 

Btw, SW is a hardened version of DS (just like RoG). Why don't you play the vanilla game or maybe RoG with easier settings to make it easier for you to learn the game?

Is a idiotic nonsense. 

If you don't like this game, that's just your own opinion, no matter how many times you call it idiotic and stupid. Many people still love DS and SW and can survive easily. It just takes time (and usually long time) to learn this game. Be patient! ;)

I see you're still trying, Fimmatek x)
I lost one world when coconut killed me. It was hilarious. From now on I *always* wear armor when chopping palm trees, unless it's early game. Early game I don't chop them when I'm low on HP, it's that simple.

20 hours ago, Maslak said:

I see you're still trying, Fimmatek x)
I lost one world when coconut killed me. It was hilarious. From now on I *always* wear armor when chopping palm trees, unless it's early game. Early game I don't chop them when I'm low on HP, it's that simple.

It seems to be the little stuff that does you in. On my first really good game (over 100 days) what  ended up killing me was getting stung by a bee when i was already really low on health lol.

On 04/03/2018 at 4:13 PM, Wilkinson said:

One of the most stupid thing in games is make "everything against the player". A coconut falling from three and deal damage. What for? Thre is not enough threats around? What exactly bring that "feature"?

Maybe in next update or DLC we get a Ifrit - randomly appear from any fire source and attack us? Or something equally stupid.

Once you know how to beat the game, you will either:

A) engulf yourself into making bases that span across the world beyond day 1000.

B) wish there were more threats and the game was harder.

Btw, you CAN dodge the coconuts, I've done it like once or twice, but yes, most times you won't, because it happens so rarely, it's hard to anticipate and practice.

Archived