OC-253600 Water Sieve output temperature?

Bug or Feature? I just noticed that you can't take anything for granted. So far I thought the water output temperature of the Water Sieve is constant 40 degrees. I just had water output at 2.9 degrees, which is nice on one side but needs an explanation - and I need to change my attempt to cool it down with two aquatuners without putting it into a pool to measure its temperature. Got broken pipes now. 

5a761767ed82b_Screenshot2018-02-0409_04_32.thumb.png.6c445bd5d7440d81720a3d561ad15f75.png

the input PH2O temperature was 46 degrees at that time, and the sand temperature was about 7.  My pipes are generally made from abyssalite to avoid side effects. 

The water sieve did this for about 20-30 seconds after initial use, then the water temperature switched to 40 (39.8) degrees.

I'm kind of scratching my head on this one too. I cooled off my water sieve to about 60 degrees fahrenheit by having it sit in a stream of cold water coming off an ice biome. But when I run polluted water through it, it always comes out about 102 degrees. 

Archived