Additional Rooms Bonus - Kitchen and ResearchLab?

I'm surprised that there isn't a room bonus for setting up a research lab.

Or kitchen.  Better Cooling with  cooking stations.

Or some bonus for turning  those Ruins with Desks/Chairs into a LAB  if you manage to figure out how to fix up the ruin put walls up and such and build a computer into the room etc.   This gives Ruins some sort of reusable purpose.   Maybe have certain technology require a research lab only. 

Designated kitchens relief stress and/or speed up cooking by x% maybe?

For the "research lab" I'd either take a general "laboratory" and include the apothecary and maybe even the pharma chamber (which has to be supervised by a scientist while curing another Dupe).

5 hours ago, Ricordis said:

Designated kitchens relief stress and/or speed up cooking by x% maybe?

Increased quality of food perhaps but that's actually better applied to mess halls. If mess hall increased the perceived quality of the food ingested there might actually be a point in building a mess hall despite the negative side effects of having it.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Increased quality of food perhaps but that's actually better applied to mess halls.

I was thinking +1 food quality too, but your idea of putting that buff in the Mess Hall works just as well.  Maybe faster disease decay and/or slower food spoilage in a kitchen?

30 minutes ago, goboking said:

I was thinking +1 food quality too, but your idea of putting that buff in the Mess Hall works just as well.  Maybe faster disease decay and/or slower food spoilage in a kitchen?

Not bad. How about food poisoning removed from all food prepared in the kitchen not just those few grill recipes that specifically says it does?

The reason I'd rather not put the food quality buff on the kitchen is that then the game has to keep track of what food was prepared where. So mess hall bonus would be better for that.

decrease cook time

reduce resource costs

increase output quantity (10% chance)

cook gets 200 calories while preparing meal (by tasting the food)

inherent cooling bonus (-20 Watt) <- this would actually be more fitting for a cooling chamber

smell gives stress relief to anybody passing by who is hungry

Archived