Bathroom Hustle

I'm clueless about how to interpret the Bathroom Hustle stat on the Duplicant's details. AFAICS, it's always 100%... but 100% of what exactly ?

I can imagine some duplicants running and/or fighting to reach the bathroom but that still doesn't help.

Does it represent the bathroom availability percentage ? something else ?

I am not sure If I am thinking of the same thing, But lets say a dupe gains 10 bladder per cycle, that is 100%, it will go up by 10 and only 10. Now lets say it was 150% instead, this means it would go up 15 bladder per cycle instead.  Obviously the numbers used are just an example

Thanks for the hint. I think I've got it now.

I picked a Duplicant with the 'irritable bowel' trait and bathroom hustle is now at 50%. So that stat represents a percentage of how fast the duplicant will get out of the toilet.

Good luck to translators, I've no idea how to translate that.

Dupes have attention spans of gnats. They are seemingly completely binary (in more than one sense). If they feel the need to pee, they drop everything they hold and forget the task they were supposed to do and go pee instead of first having a warning system. After next task I need to pee. the warning system could be disabled by traits (like small bladder) or diseases (like diarrhoea). 

54 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

instead of first having a warning system

We all want to have ideally working base. But if it happened, game would be boring.

Playing with such random behaviors, unbalancing the system, can be important part of game.

19 minutes ago, Maciej75 said:

Playing with such random behaviors, unbalancing the system, can be important part of game.

The only difference with the 'warning system' would be that duplicants would not be dropping random items around the base that much. The question is, would that really make the game less challenging, or would that just make the game less tedious? Personally I don't think that checking the base for randomly dropped pieces of slime is the right kind of challenge for this game.

Personally I don't think that checking the base for randomly dropped pieces of slime

And this is where I differ in opinion.

My experiences with Factorio taught me, that lack of things unbalancing system leads to Megabasing, that is kind of grind for me. And even before, in OpenTTD, removing "Breakdowns" was "no no" for me, because creation of complicated networks stopped to be challenge.

I am obviously not sure if this is such thing, but random sources of the epidemic or stressing dirt is what can reward players that creates "Stable equilibria". 

This is where humans excels computers: machines can work only in ideal balanced conditions.

10 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Hint: a duplicant with decreased bladder efficiency, as in irritable bowel, with have a bathroom hustle of 50%.

It's how fast they finish using the bathroom. 

Thanks. That matches the string context (STRINGS.DUPLICANTS.ATTRIBUTES.TOILETEFFICIENCY.NAME), although using a percentage makes things harder to translate.

Archived