Signal Switch is useless

If anything. I think the clock sensor should be renamed and recategorized into a timer switch that required dupe interaction to change the setting.

1 minute ago, Ilmu011 said:

In real life, you wouldn't crawl down a nuclear reactor to adjust some sensors, you'd do it from the control panel.

I agree. But that's not how the game works at the moment.

Just now, Saturnus said:

If anything. I think the clock sensor should be renamed and recategorized into a timer switch that required dupe interaction to change the setting.

Completely agree. It is not a sensor in the first place. It just runs a schedule. Setting this schedule should not be instantly. It is supposed to have a static schedule. Changing the schedule all the time should not be encouraged by instant direct player feed for this is not how you are supposed to use it.

1 minute ago, Ilmu011 said:

It has to get there somehow though.

Also I am pretty unhappy with how the sensors work right now. I wish such a sensor would contain 2 things: A probe, which is placed in the area to be monitored and a switch, where you can adjust the signal output.

In real life, you wouldn't crawl down a nuclear reactor to adjust some sensors, you'd do it from the control panel.

It is nice idea, but it would require another type of wire, another overlay and raise the complexity of the game to the levels devs do not seem to be aiming for. 

45 minutes ago, FutureJohny said:

So I am better of handing TV remote to a friend and then telling him what to do, then switching the channel myself?

Wrong analogy. The signal switch is analogous to you operating a remote and switching the channels as opposed to the TV reading your mind and doing it (and sometimes get it wrong).

16 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Wrong analogy. The signal switch is analogous to you operating a remote and switching the channels as opposed to the TV reading your mind and doing it (and sometimes get it wrong).

That was before the time switch was updated. It works reliable now.

Wow big debate!  ;) What's for sure is there is inconsistencies between sensors and valves requiring dupe interaction. I think it would create less confusion if all of them followed the same rule.  Like why in hell do we need dupe interaction for valves, but not for atmo or hydro sensors. Personally I find that either all should need dupe interaction, or all shouldn't, but not somewhere grey in between like it is right now.  It would avoid player confusion and weird debates like this thread.  ;)

Archived