Coal generator insulation

remove insulation between gene rooms, fill upper room with hydrogen and put weeze warts in spare space.  Weeze warts work 4x better in hydrogen than most everything else.  I don't know what you made your insulated tiles from but abysallite only changes temp with shift plates and a liquid bug so I use abysallite tiles for insulation.  It is broken powerful by design.  Insulated tiles just use extra material so it takes more energy to affect it so making abysallite insulated tiles is a waste of material

3 hours ago, Kabrute said:

Insulated tiles just use extra material so it takes more energy to affect it so making abysallite insulated tiles is a waste of material

its not *just* that they take more material.  There is actually an insulated aspect in the code:

That said, non-insulated abyssalite tiles are more than powerful enough for almost any purpose:

4 hours ago, Arash70 said:

Some suggested that I should always insulate my generators, now the question is:

How to stop this from overheating?

A few ways:

1. Adding hydrogen and weezewarts as @Kabrute said. But you need something to rebuild if you want to enter the room.
2. Dripping cold fluid (water for example) onto it and pumping out hot. Need to rebuild too.
3. Too cool it with granite pipes with cold hydrogen from room with weezewarts.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:59 AM, Arash70 said:

Some suggested that I should always insulate my generators, now the question is:

How to stop this from overheating?

I went with a different method entirely and put my generators in a cold room.  Actually, this is a slime biome, but I used an aquatuner to cool a pool of polluted water which I then used to cool my oxygen supply.  Since cold moves down, this had the added benefit of cooling my hot devices, such as my NGG and polymer presses.  The hot area to the upper right is a steam geyser.

5a5fb0b794271_coldpower.thumb.JPG.9aab1b15114785c533133d168987fd3a.JPG

Some particulars:

The liquid shutoff valves at the top are connected to thermostats just above the electrolyzer. They're currently set to 44f because my base is a little too warm and I'm trying to cool it down..  The pool of coolant (polluted water) is managed by an aquatuner set to run at 32f.  I could run it colder, as polluted water doesn't freeze until -25f, but this is suitable for my purposes at the moment.

The aqua tuner does not run very frequently, even when I'm producing oxygen at maximum capacity.  Currently two electrolyzers fully support 10 dupes with this setup.  The entire room is insulated from my base. Beneath the pool, I have more generators that are also kept cool in this way.

5a5fb361ea338_coldpower2.JPG.8d753294fb57c4b5ff86e49344ded90c.JPG

Oh, and one more note: Use copper or iron for your generators.  Gold amalgam has a very low heat capacity and (relatively) low thermal conductivity.  This means they heat up fast when they're generating power.  For example, one of my polymer presses was made of gold and ended up destroying itself, even though the rest of the room was cold.

Also: The temp shift plates in the oxygen generator section are made of dirt for the large heat capacity.

Archived