Does the Water Sieve actually create more clean water?

So this is a constant thing I run into with my self sustaining Bathroom. In it I have 2 Lavatories, 2 Showers and 1 Sink. They all share the same clean water system that leads the polluted water all to the Water Sieve that feeds me back clean water for them all to share. This system is pretty great and I can ignore it and let the dupes do their own thing with it. But every now and then after a couple of cycles in the game the pipes get backed up. Usually its because so much Polluted Water has been created the buildings are unuseable because they can still take in the Clean Water but no longer output the Polluted Water because there is just too much. I usually have to go back in and drain out some of the Clean Water back into my main system. What this does is the system will be up and running again and when Sieve has filtered all of the Polluted Water into Clean Water and my system has drained out at least most of that Clean Water I disconnect the pipes again connected my Bathroom to my main system. This leaves only a little bit of Clean Water in the Bathroom, just enough to use all the system, and there will be no Polluted Water at all. But after a couple days Ill be back to square one where there is too much Polluted Water and a surplus of Clean Water trying to feed into the buildings. And then Ill have to drain the system again.

Not that Im complaining about getting more water, Im just confused and trying to understand whats going on. I though that the system was 1:1 and that for every Polluted Water the Water Sieve fed back an equal amount of Clean Water, as the information states it takes in 5kg/s of Water and outputs 5kg/s of Polluted Water. So is this in fact creating more water, or is something else going on?

ONI Bathroom Pipes.png

image.thumb.png.ca66ef74e3592754663164ea66ed28c4.png

When you have a line that could overload but you want it prevented install this, material flows through the vertical unless its outlett is blocked at which time it switches to the horizontal.  Both can be built vertically

image.thumb.png.45f3f720bfa54b30d9e75a16271cd655.png

36 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

When you have a line that could overload but you want it prevented install this, material flows through the vertical unless its outlett is blocked at which time it switches to the horizontal.  Both can be built vertically

Same thing. Just easier to see what is going on.

2017-12-15.png

yep you will mostly get a lot more water out of it then you put in. (at least when lavratories are installed too.)

but no it wont come out "clean" as it will be full of germs.

As an early fix i mostly build an room for the poluted water and a pressure pipe going into it. From time to time i open up said pipe and make space for more water in the system.

Later i use said pipe with the poluted water to fead the natural gas power plant. (i mostly use a n-gaysir + the things to produce n-gas yourself. But even then i end up with more waste-water then i need. all i do is slowing down the process.

but for now i dont know of a solution as most of my colonies end up in and overheating situation at around circle 200 or some other problem occurs at that time at such a heavy way that the colonie is lost. (does the game decide to hurt you more cycles you'Re in?)

That seems like the case Zero because you are reacting instead of preacting, it really is that simple.  Early management like running refineries in ice biomes or setting up thermal sinks like aquatuning your water water hotter before running it through the seive/electrolizer so you destroy some of that heat :)

Archived