Naphtha Airlock 2.0

Sure. Not difficult to make a crude oil/naphtha airlock the same way you'd make a PW/H2O airlock.

However, one of the primary advantages of the original naphtha airlock was the extremely low heat conductivity of naphtha making it possible to get materials through it without the airlock itself affecting it's temperature. That is lost with a hybrid airlock.

2017-12-28 (2).png

Crude oil and Naphtha have identical colors so it looks like the old version.  Since tubular update broke everyone's naphtha locks, I was curios to see if anyone else was using vertical liquid locks anymore.  There hasn't been any discussion about this.

Hmm @Saturnus, I hadn't considered the thermal change of materials moved through an airlock since it wouldn't spend much time in the lock itself.  Of course a Hybrid lock requires far fewer materials than before so it should not transfer much at all.  Vacuums can be used for total thermal insulation anyway.

I used to use them making a magma oil refinery but I found a way to avoid using them where hot materials got through. After that I haven't really had the need to use them. I just knew they could still be made the same way you used to make PW/H2O airlocks.

18 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Sure. Not difficult to make a crude oil/naphtha airlock the same way you'd make a PW/H2O airlock.

However, one of the primary advantages of the original naphtha airlock was the extremely low heat conductivity of naphtha making it possible to get materials through it without the airlock itself affecting it's temperature. That is lost with a hybrid airlock.

do u know which tile the material passes through?

We can make that one naphtha and the other oil (or whatever) or is it both?

1 minute ago, eloy2030 said:

do u know which tile the material passes through?

I actually don't know if it's the upper or lower tile the material dupes are carrying is considered in.

Given the exclusion principle, tiles can only be one type of material though.

Just now, Saturnus said:

You can only have one type of gas or liquid in a tile. That is the in-game exclusion principle.

Sorry, my bad, I don´t know why u mention it. XD

7 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

In the ¨both¨ part i mean the heat transfer... maybe there´s the problem?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, haven't played for a while and search was not useful.

Have naphtha airlocks been fixed? Naphtha does not seem to stack vertically anymore?

EDIT: never mind, I had missed Saturnus reply above. So sad they are broken. :(

4 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

Have naphtha airlocks been fixed? Naphtha does not seem to stack vertically anymore?

Precisely. It doesn't stack vertically anymore so pure naphtha airlocks like before doesn't work.

However, you can still make them as you can see in this thread ;)

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Precisely. It doesn't stack vertically anymore so pure naphtha airlocks like before doesn't work.

However, you can still make them as you can see in this thread ;)

ok so hybrid airlocks now I guess. What's the trick to easily make those in a real game? Recommended quantities? Thanks a lot bro!  

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

A puddle of that, and a puddle of this on top :D 

Lol. Testing in debug, it seems like naphtha will always want to go on top of crude oil, and they settle to around 35 kg of naphtha on top of 350g of crude oil.  I guess I'll just build them with bottle emptiers like before.

Archived