Jump to content

Gas Filter Pipe Blockage


Recommended Posts

Before anyone says "the chosen gas goes through the orange output" or "use the ventilation filter" (I did all that and everything is connected right),  when i try to use multiple gas filters, one always stops.  Are we not allowed to daisy chain filters?

In my case, I'm trying to filer out CO2, O2, and Cl2 from a room that initially contained Cl2 and H2 so that I could supply Hydrogen generators.

So is this a bug, or is it the daisy chain thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DaX1987 said:

Before anyone says "the chosen gas goes through the orange output" or "use the ventilation filter" (I did all that and everything is connected right),  when i try to use multiple gas filters, one always stops.  Are we not allowed to daisy chain filters?

In my case, I'm trying to filer out CO2, O2, and Cl2 from a room that initially contained Cl2 and H2 so that I could supply Hydrogen generators.

So is this a bug, or is it the daisy chain thing?

It's more likely that you have made an error, honestly.  I have a daisy chain of 5 filters (which sorts all 6 of the common gases apart) in many of my bases, and it always works perfectly.  As Risu said, without a screenshot or save your claim that everything is connected properly is impossible to verify.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Gonna need screenshots or saves before we can help ya.
 

By this time, the room is cleared of useless gasses.  But this is what i did.  Please no "the system isnt complete" or "there is no power."  This is just for show, but if i start a new game and have the same room with multiple gasses, I'll take an actual screenshot.

My issue was that if i was filtering three different gasses, the pipes were blocked until i made them the same.

Is it because the two were in the same room?

Gasfilterchain.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlexRou said:

Were any outputs (green or orange) blocked? 

Lets say first one is CO2, if the orange output is blocked and the next gas packet is CO2 then it blocks until the orange output is clear. So the next filter won't get anything and so on.

Makes sense.  But based on the picture I posted, it would only be blocked by other gases.  Is that the cause of my problem?  Is gas pressure also something i need to account for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DaX1987 said:

Makes sense.  But based on the picture I posted, it would only be blocked by other gases.  Is that the cause of my problem?  Is gas pressure also something i need to account for?

Depends on if there are vents involved in this incomplete presentation. 2 kg limit for normal vent. 20 kg limit for high pressure vent.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Risu said:

Depends on if there are vents involved in this incomplete presentation. 2 kg limit for normal vent. 20 kg limit for high pressure vent.
 

This setup was used to supply a hydrogen generator.  No vents were used.  I just used the filters to try to keep the Cl2 and CO2 in the room and send out a minimal amount of oxygen in the main area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your statements are contradicting each other. 

This sentence means you must be using vents somewhere

1 minute ago, DaX1987 said:

I just used the filters to try to keep the Cl2 and CO2 in the room and send out a minimal amount of oxygen in the main area.

And yet you said 

2 minutes ago, DaX1987 said:

No vents were used.

 

So how are you able to keep CL2 and CO2 inside a room without venting it out into such room? And without a vent how are you releasing out oxygen into the main area?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Your statements are contradicting each other. 

This sentence means you must be using vents somewhere

And yet you said 

 

So how are you able to keep CL2 and CO2 inside a room without venting it out into such room? And without a vent how are you releasing out oxygen into the main area?

Those were supposed to be filtered back out to the room from whence they came.  The filters "vent" out the chosen gas, do they not?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DaX1987 said:

So the orange expulsion ports need to have vents now?

They always did

Given what you said in the OP. You actually only needed one air filter. Set to hydrogen. The orange (with hydrogen) goes to the hydrogen generator. The green (with every other gas) goes to a vent whereever you want it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

They always did

Given what you said in the OP. You actually only needed one air filter. Set to hydrogen. The orange (with hydrogen) goes to the hydrogen generator. The green (with every other gas) goes to a vent whereever you want it.

so then i need to have two or three rooms based on how many gasses i am trying to filter? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DaX1987 said:

so then i need to have two or three rooms based on how many gasses i am trying to filter? 

Assuming your goal is to separate and store gases yes you can certainly vent the outputs to separate rooms.

Ultimately it all comes down to the fact that your orange outputs needed somewhere to go, either to a machine that can use the gas or vented out. How you choose to do that is up to you.

Here's something for inspiration.

Spoiler

filters.thumb.gif.70c7c7e82ecd2d122b056cf2428ab9bc.gif

 

After watching my demo for a bit I started to notice the graphical details of the filter. I don't normally look closely at machines.

I saw this vent thing opening and shutting. I wonder if some players are tricked in to thinking this is the orange output point and gas will be ejected from the filter itself.

image.png.cadd35dacd9077ee1dc96f59f129e151.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...