- poi_jungle_geyser_methane
    geysers_y:
    geysers_z:

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

Game crashes, what do i wrong?

What does the output_log.txt say? Should've silently failed for every one after geysers_c.
All the geysers have been used at that point so nothing should happen at all.

Unless you really did leave geysers_z empty which WOULD crash it...

3 hours ago, osefcomplet said:

To produce enough crude oil to power up a petroleum generator you need 24 slicksters and 6kg/s of co2 or 222 mealwood and a hatch to go for a coal generator. Slickters/hatches are good but you won't build a big and stable base with them.

w/o wanting to go off-topic further:

Just now, clickrush said:

w/o wanting to go off-topic further:

As a proposal to mitigate having one natural gas geyser less, this isn't worth giving up that natural gas geyser. converting oil to natural gas either requires an exploit, or digging completely down to the lava and building a very complex and tiring structure.

I hope this is simply a bug (and I really think it is, why would they change that after all this time). I believe many players depend on NGG for their main power supply. Yes, you could do fancy stuff with hatch-coal production or oil to gas conversion, but if you really have to depend on that, then that would take a whole lot of joy out of the game. It's already quite dull with the battery of fertilizers.

I also feel they clamped too much down on geysers in general. I remember when maps could easily spawn 5-7 gas geysers. Those geysers would only provide power for 1&2/3 NGG, so you had to explore more for them, while also giving overall slightly more power (because of more geysers) which I viewed as a reward for exploring and building structures to utilise them.

This can be solved easily if they allowed for bigger maps.

1 minute ago, turbonl64 said:

As a proposal to mitigate having one natural gas geyser less, this isn't worth giving up that natural gas geyser. converting oil to natural gas either requires an exploit, or digging completely down to the lava and building a very complex and tiring structure.

I hope this is simply a bug (and I really think it is, why would they change that after all this time). I believe many players depend on NGG for their main power supply. Yes, you could do fancy stuff with hatch-coal production or oil to gas conversion, but if you really have to depend on that, then that would take a whole lot of joy out of the game. It's already quite dull with the battery of fertilizers.

I also feel they clamped too much down on geysers in general. I remember when maps could easily spawn 5-7 gas geysers. Those geysers would only provide power for 1&2/3 NGG, so you had to explore more for them, while also giving overall slightly more power (because of more geysers) which I viewed as a reward for exploring and building structures to utilise them.

This can be solved easily if they allowed for bigger maps.

The tepidizer method of refining oil is only an "exploit" in the most general sense of the word. Also it requires a more sophisticated setup than just pumping from a geyser, so It is much more fun to build and optimize. Also it produces a ton of power and clean water to scale up a base if you want to do that.

Hatches are great at making use of fertilizer, the mealwood setup is too large and inefficient. But if you pump any PH2O into fertilizer makers then you swim in fertilizer which can be dumped into a hatch area with door automation.

16 minutes ago, clickrush said:

The tepidizer method of refining oil is only an "exploit" in the most general sense of the word. Also it requires a more sophisticated setup than just pumping from a geyser, so It is much more fun to build and optimize. Also it produces a ton of power and clean water to scale up a base if you want to do that.

Hatches are great at making use of fertilizer, the mealwood setup is too large and inefficient. But if you pump any PH2O into fertilizer makers then you swim in fertilizer which can be dumped into a hatch area with door automation.

It's an exploit, period. Trying to compensate what is likely a bug -or oversight by the developers- with an exploit, is not desirable. Atleast not for me. Sophisticated setups like this should be nice bonus anyhow, not a requirement per se.

Yes, I know about the hatch/fertilizers synergy. And it might sound strange, but my mindset about it is like "common, are we really depending on an animal pooping coal for power? And that to compensate for a bug/oversight?". Again, I feel this is more of a gimmick you can use rather than to rely on.

7 hours ago, osefcomplet said:

@clickrush I understand now what you mean by "impactful", free electricity and water in 40x40 block. But you know what will be even more impactful ? when they'll fix the bug :)

Right idk :). As soon as you solved every ONI problem X times but you still want to play more, then you are going to be glad, that there is inintended gameplay for you to try out. Not to mention that it is, again, much more fun to build your own version of a system (here it is a refinery) and then design/optimize it tile by tile.

I have mentioned this to someone else before but the reason why I would be dissapointed if Klei removed these "bugs" is because they actually make the game better and not worse. The best example is always the game Starcraft. At the highest level of play there are so many different bugs/exploits that are used, but the gameplay and the skill ceiling is (unintentionally) better than it is without them.

Archived