Geysers and energy conservation

I have a few questions about the world gen and what it contains.Back in the agricultural upgrade the geysers in the game tended to be random and very common.In the outbreak upgrade from what I was told you get 2 nat gas and 2 steam but what about the rest of the geysers am I guaranteed on of each or not.Ive also seen some post about the oil resivor did it get removed or is it still here.I would also like to know how many thermo nullifyers I should expect as well as wheeze warts.For my final question what's the deal with the void is it gone gliched or still in the game.

The template for the Void and it's immediate surroundings still exists in the Debug template menu, but it has been turned off in world gen for quite some time now.

Oil Reservoirs apparently suffered from a but where they would just decide to not spawn intermittently.

Every map is supposed to have 2 Steam, 2 NatGas, and 1 Chlorine Geyser.  The Chlorine will always be in the Caustic Biome.  For NatGas and Steam, 1 of each will always spawn in the Swamp Biome, and the other in the Caustic Biome.  It would also appear that one of the 5 Geysers is now guaranteed to spawn very near to the starter Biome, but the Geyser is chosen at random.  I don't think that has been officially confirmed, but that appears to be the general observation across a significant number of players and map rerolls.

11 hours ago, GrindThisGame said:

From what I've seen with a very small sample size you get:

- 2 steam geysers

- 2 nat gas

- 1 chlorine

- no voids

- no oil geysers

- 3 anti entropy thermo nullies

- I'm too lazy to count all the wheezeworts. At least 20.

I suspect those numbers are fixed.

On my current long term base generated during the Automation update I have like 5+ nullifiers and only like 15 wheezeworts. Also 3 oil reservoirs.

One of my Automation-era games had three nullifiers, and another had zero. (Confirmed this with debug mode.)

In my current tubes game, I've exposed most, but not quite all, of the map, and so far I've found no nat gas geysers. Can't say for sure there are none--there's a tiny bit of fog left.

23 minutes ago, BT_20 said:

I wish that the void was in the game I guess I’m gonna have to use pressure exploits to clean my base.

aside from chlorine you don't really need a void at all.  And while it's not a permanent solution, just freezing chlorine will soak up an ungodly amount of it. 

Archived