I need some ideas

So my character is just well known for having horrible luck but i cant think of anything that counts as bad luck in DST?

I just need a brainstorm of all unlucky things that can happen in dst and see If I can code that in or not. 

Feel free to brainstorm away If you wish to contribute cause honestly my brain is churning nothing

Your character could encounter vargs more often when following dirtpiles though I have no idea how that'd be coded xD..

Maybe a less chance of getting some parts of loot when killing entities, but again I don't know how to that'd be coded either... hahaha sorry, good luck though :D!

Edited by SuperDavid

1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

Your character could encounter vargs more often when following dirtpiles though I have no idea how that'd be coded xD..

Maybe a less chance of getting some parts of loot when killing entities, but again I don't know how to that'd be coded either... hahaha sorry, good luck though :D!

No, Ewecus instead of Varg. That thing is the spawn of **** and is not that worth to kill D:<.

Anyway, for a relatively heavy list of things:

• Things could perish ahead of time in their inventory (living rot machine FTW!). And in the case of dresses, armor, weapons and hats, they might break spontaneously (would make the character unplayable in my opinion, but is truly bad luck).
  • Neutral mobs attack the player on sight.
  • Pigs might randomly transform into werepigs and attack them? A bit "overkill", and is actually not that bad to be able to farm them outside of a full moon or feeding them 4 monster foods, but oh well.
  • While they have no waterproof items rain is more likely to happen, even in summer (this would be "good", unless you want to fish in the oasis, not that great, but is the only way to obtain dessert goggles as far as I know).
  • Lightnings tend to fall on his head (I think you might want to look into lightning rod's code for this).
  • When they kill an enemy they are less likely to receive the random loot (instead of 12.5% chance to get a hound tooth from a hound, they would have 6.25%, for example).
  • Trinkets given by them to the pig king gives less gold.
  • Nightmare creatures might attack spontaneously even if you are at full sanity.
  • Meteors can randomly fall on them?
  • All crock pot recipes have a chance to turn into wet goop even if they use the correct ingredients.
  • Gobblers are more likely to spawn when grabbing berries.
  • Seeds are more likely to be durians when planted.
  • In summer (or at any season) things are likely to spontaneously caught on fire (without smoldering first...).
  • Things might fall from their hands while they use them as if they were wet when they are really not (because why not...).
  • Deerclops and hounds come sooner than normal.
  • When prototyping, sometimes they fail and waste the materials (very frustrating mechanic, do not recommend, but you asked for bad luck).

Anyway, pretty much anything that adds randomness to something that is not random is going to do the trick, also increasing the chances for something bad happening (or decreasing the chances for something good) will do the trick. I hope I have given you ideas and maybe even inspired some others in your head :) !

Edited by pedregales

Your character could randomly lose grip of items (like when too wet, slippery)

Character randomly drops an item (coding similar to frog snatching an item, but on a timer with a fixed constraint but random clock?)

Character "drops" food when collected making it inedible, such as berries or crockpot (something like 10% chance that item despawns upon picking)

More often "bad" events trigger, such as frog rain, ground tremors during summer, earthquakes in caves, etc

Enemies prioritize aggroing you instead of allies or neutrals (you and pigs fight spiders, but spiders will keep after you even if pigs are attacking them... aggro is always on you)