Suggestions for Future Events

GLERMZ

Hello everyone,

First of i want to congratulate the whole team who worked on this awesome Event. The looks were amazing and was something fresh from everything we've seen in this game so far. Also the Menu revamp as-well as a bunch of new skins was a really awesome gift to all of us as-well.

Now i just want to mention one thing i would like to see happening for future events, specially for the Objectives and Harder Runs. 
I will be honest, as much as i loved The Forge i found myself not playing it anymore after i was around 25 level, and they were mostly in the Beta, why you may ask ? Well, as someone who wanted to supported Klei, i bought the skin packs, and with a lot of stuff i still had to transform in too spools i found myself with all the skins i wanted.  Why does this matter ? Well, unfortunately the Objectives set up for Klei were only rewarded with extra XP which wouldn't make a difference for me, so it never got me into doing the No Death Runs, Speedruns, Less Than 6 Runs, etc.. Because the rewards for them were the same. 

So here is what i would like to see for future Raid/Dungeon events. Set up some of the Hardest Achievement to reward us with some Special Skins only acquired for doing them. This will not only make a  lot more people try those hard runs as-well as rewarding them even more, with an item that they get to show off while playing the Base Game. 

Is just an idea, cause in the current state, for me doing such runs is more from bragging rights or for those who, for various reasons, can't buy the Skin Packs and need to grind lots of chests to get everything they want. 

Best Regards,

Glermz

ps. Congratz to those who did the The Forge with 3 and 2 Man. That requires a lot of commitment and patient ;) And this post is dedicated to you, hopefully next event i join you for the race if there is more stuff on stake than just bragging rights :p 

As you said people who aren't able to buy those skins already are grinding, do you want to add more grind to it?

The special skins you want are the forge skins, that will be available only during forge. As this post says

Isn't that rewarding enough?

I think this event is great not only because of the skins, but for the fact you need other people to play with. That way you can get to know even more persons to play with in the base game, you as a streamer had a shlt tonS of viewers saying that they play alone bc they have no friends and dont want randoms griefing their bases. Well, this is an excelent chance to get to know more people and make more friendships ;)

just my 2 cents

On 29/11/2017 at 9:57 PM, faraday said:

As you said people who aren't able to buy those skins already are grinding, do you want to add more grind to it?

The special skins you want are the forge skins, that will be available only during forge. As this post says

Its not adding more griding to it, is rewarding more those who do the harder achivements. Like lets say everything is exacly like it is just with this 3 new additions:

1) If you complete forge Gold Speed Run you get the extra XP + a Unique Walking Cane Skin
2) If you complete forge with no deaths you get the extra XP + a Unique Dark Sword Skin
3) If you complete the forge with 4 or less people you get the extra XP + a Unique Lantern Skin

Stuff like that in my opinion will make me do those challenges for stuff rather than bragging rights (: I did a lot of hardcore WoW, and the best thing about doing achivements was the rewards attached to them, i would just love to see them here too ;)

On 29/11/2017 at 2:52 PM, jantonio said:

why have bragging rights when you can have fun ;> , the 3 man was pretty fun in my opinion..

I think you missed my point :p

On 28/11/2017 at 12:35 PM, Glhrmzz said:

So here is what i would like to see for future Raid/Dungeon events. Set up some of the Hardest Achievement to reward us with some Special Skins only acquired for doing them.

Please, no.

I understand your idea, but Forge is an already frustrating event, and some challenges are even more frustrating.

It's ok for me, even if time to time some people are harsh, most of the time things are fine, even when we lose. But with your idea it will be even more pressure and frustration.

The very important point right now is that even if you don't have achievements you don't miss a lot. So it's ok, you still have some Xp and the reward is still here.

With your idea, missing an achievement will mean a lot more. and so a lot more pressure on players making small mistake. We nearly did a deathless run the other day. I died but was very close of surviving, and it's not because of a mistake i did. And it was not a big deal, none of my playmate were angry. Disappointed a little, maybe, sure, but not angry.

But with an exclusive skin ? Frustration will be higher, disappointment too. Why would Klei create this ?

The important point is that players play again. Sure, you don't, because you don't want only achievement, and already got skin. But some others players will, either because they don't buy skin, like achievements, want to have more spoon for future event, play to help friend, or even like the event (yes, it does exist).

As long as people like you aren't too many, then it's fine if some players stop if they have all the skin they want and don't want to play anymore.

In fact, i prefer (and of course, this is personal taste and point of view) the way it is now. Because i didn't feel forced to play : the reward was balanced enough for me to want more exp, but i never was forced to because the reward was too good. And it's very great, to play for fun, not care too much about winning or failing, or failing an achievement.

I want to keep this. I don't want to be frustrated because the nice skin i want require to avoid all death and someone got lag and died, i don't want to care more about achievement that "ok we try, and if we don't get it, it's ok". I'm happy Klei choose achievement i feel "doable" and nothing too demanding or frustrating.

It was balanced, it was well done, and if you don't have the best achievement, then, you don't miss a lot, and it's great.

Please, don't change this. Forge is already toxic for some players, it's already something long and hard for most player, it shouldn't be worse.

Restricting content behind achievements in a temporary game mode is a terrible idea. Some skins are only obtainable by logging in during events (valentines day for example.) and are unobtainable aside from waiting an entire year. Others (Bottomless firepit for participating in the game's beta) will never be obtainable for players who may want that skin. Adding special skins and restricting them behind achievements would make certain skins less accessible which is an awful idea. I don't mind having a special rarity for limited skins (only being able to obtain a loyal tragic torch instead of timeless) but making certain skins entirely unobtainable (or extremely difficult to obtain potentially requiring months to obtain it) is an awful idea and punishes players who are not extremely invested in the game. I would rather see all skins purchasable from Klei than requiring hours grinding the Forge which I, and probably others, simply don't have.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:29 AM, Glhrmzz said:

Its not adding more griding to it, is rewarding more those who do the harder achivements. Like lets say everything is exacly like it is just with this 3 new additions:

1) If you complete forge Gold Speed Run you get the extra XP + a Unique Walking Cane Skin
2) If you complete forge with no deaths you get the extra XP + a Unique Dark Sword Skin
3) If you complete the forge with 4 or less people you get the extra XP + a Unique Lantern Skin

Stuff like that in my opinion will make me do those challenges for stuff rather than bragging rights (: I did a lot of hardcore WoW, and the best thing about doing achivements was the rewards attached to them, i would just love to see them here too ;)

I think you missed my point :p

Sure it doesn't add more grinding if you already have those achievements or don't want the skins but if you want those skins you have to play the forge enough to improve and eventually get those achievements. This just adds even more grind to players who want restricted skins, and if you don't have time to grind for those skins you will never be able to obtain them. (Or have to wait potentially a year like the valentine's day items.) I like the current system where you can play and get skins or purchase them from Klei. (And unravel them for crafting if you want other event items.) I appreciate the flexibility this allows as players have multiple methods for obtaining skins. (I don't have time to grind for the skins but I can purchase them netting me the skins, supporting Klei and further game support, and allowing them to keep this current system so players who can't afford the skins, but are able to grind, can still obtain them and benefit from future game support.)

Also you do get a reward and recognition for obtaining those achievements. You get bonus experience and obtain the achievement. But experience can also be obtained in others ways and doesn't require players to grind/farm specifically for the achievements.

Agreed that XP isn't a very pleasing reward for getting an achievement. I'd rather get an actual reward than just the ability to unbox more boxes with a very little chance of getting the item I want from it. Maybe a form of in-game currency that lets you buy the stuff you want, kind of like getting spools from matches instead of from unraveling duplicate items.

Archived