Lore explainations for absurdity(pig theory)

Don't Starves "universe" is a series of connected worlds that, as you get further away from your home world, you become more and more distorted.  I think the prime example to speak about here is the pigs. We see In hamlet what I believe is there homeworld, or at least closer to their homeworld then the constant is. We see a more sophisticated society with trading and clothes And more upright beings. However, as said by maxwell, they moved into the constant to lead their own little society. With this, they became much less intelligent. Hunched over, broken English, and following a king who does nothing for them and wearing grass skirts. We then see the forge, with slightly altered pigs, along with shipwrecked with wildbore. In earth, the pigs have become incredibly stupid, being 4 legged and becoming more animal than ever. I think this explains the humans being weird in don't starve, bones in the beard and having strange abilities like fire immunity and ghost sisters. It also explains why Wilbur is more intelligent then monkeys should be, being able to make complex tools and machines with his own knowledge. Thoughts?

I prefer a much simpler theory for the pigs:

Pugna states they've been trapped in the Forge for eons. It's not to far fetched to assume that the "Pig World" contained primitive pigs eons ago. Some split off eventually leading to the Constant/Forge while the pigs remaining the "Pig World" continued to advance until it became Hamlet.

I like the how you connected the pigs back to our own world, but that might be a little far fetched. Not that I can't still like it. It would be pretty meta.

I personally think that the pigs would have originated from somewhere (possibly hamlet) and wound up in the constant in a similar way to how the survivors arrive, making there own realm in the forge not too dissimilar to how the survivors attempt to create bases to help them survive, but because of constant threat from Them they decided they needed to hone their battle skills, but the pig king didn't like how Pugna does things so lead his exiled pigs out of the forge to live a more peaceful way, which reverted somewhat to a more primitive state because of the abundance of nightmare fuel. 

I don't think they have any real link to real life pigs though, just pigmen from another universe that They have found, for some dubious agenda.

Archived