Let´s talk next upgrade (reprise)

18 minutes ago, goboking said:

I've never played Factorio, but I don't see full automation as a problem at all.  New technology is supposed to make things easier.  The power generator gives way to the coal generator, which reduces dupe operation from full time to part time.  The coal generator then gives way to the natural gas generator, which reduces dupe operation from part time to none required.  I see now reason why this progression can't or shouldn't be applied to every aspect of the game. Our dupes sitting around watching tv and eating all day ala WALL-E should be the utopia we all wish to build.

I won't disagree it would be cool, but I think having over 30 dupes watching tv would probably be a bit boring, in real life people work, so why must I let them have all the fun :p

7 hours ago, BlueLance said:

The problem with doing this is the game will just become another Factorio in my opinion

I dont see a problem with that at all. I´ve played my fair share of factorio, so, I know what ur talking about. But u have to think it this way. Take the case of factorio. The idea of automation is that u do things once, and then u dont have to do it aver again.

Here, in oni, it is ok for dupes to carry water for a few cycles, but after a while, I want them to be building new stuff, not repeating the same tasks they where doing in the first few cycles. If I can take delivery out of their routine, Im all for it!

Give a dupe coal and u power it for a cycle, teach a dupe nat gas and u power it for life!

On 17.11.2017 at 10:14 PM, eloy2030 said:

In the previous post there was a lot of talk about performance. PLEASE DON´T. Just content, please.

I wholeheartedly disagree here. I'd much rather have a performance, bugfix and usability update than anything else at this point. It isn't sexy but definitely needed. Unfortunately I doubt that this will happen because people just don't find it as exciting as content and it is hard in comparison to adding new shiny things.

Just now, clickrush said:

I wholeheartedly disagree here. I'd much rather have a performance, bugfix and usability update than anything else at this point. It isn't sexy but definitely needed. Unfortunately I doubt that this will happen because people just don't find it as exciting as content and it is hard in comparison to adding new shiny things.

It is not that I disagree, it´s that this discussion was not supposed to be about that. If u want to make a post about it, go ahead, if u want to talk about it in here (though i rather u didn´t) go ahead.

I just wanted it to be a CLEAN thread about ¨ideas¨. I think we can all agree about performance.

hope u understand.

Just now, eloy2030 said:

It is not that I disagree, it´s that this discussion was not supposed to be about that. If u want to make a post about it, go ahead, if u want to talk about it in here (though i rather u didn´t) go ahead.

I just wanted it to be a CLEAN thread about ¨ideas¨. I think we can all agree about performance.

hope u understand.

Right

I hope for a rebalance update. I think they will wait for rebalance because of the unnecessary work they would have to do after every big content patch, but still hoping for it^^. Other food beside mealwood is useless, lights are useless, germs... yeah you guessed right useless.... As is already said, i understand why they go this way, but i love to play hard games and at the moment its to easy. 

The finished game should have a easy mode with the difficult level we have now, for new player and a normal or hard mode with challenges for people who already know how to play.

Would be nice if the next update would have new treats for the colony, a new biome at the top of the map with new creatures.

Rebalancing would be nice, and I would welcome that almost as much as animal husbandry, but I will be honest I dont think they will do it this patch because if they do and they get it wrong they will be closed for xmas which means we are all left with a horrible unbalanced version till they come back to pitchforks and torches

I'd like to see interactions between existing elements, especially combustion mechanics, I.e. oxygen and hydrogen in same room + electrical appliance in water should go boom, damaging equipment and creating steam; nat-gas + oxygen + sparks -> hot co2; 

I know it sounds odd, but I would like some way of making a block/tile/building into a dropped item.  

A simple dispencer that drops items on the floor from an inventory

conveyor belts transferring drops from one inventory to another

A robotic arm that picks up drops in an area around it.

I know the automation update added the ability to have logic, but we need the hardware to interact in the world for it.

P.s. Fish would be cool too.

My wishes are similar to some of you:

• some dupes interaction (ex: couples)
  • some kind of leisure (ex: party on Friday night)  (stress relief, happy for next couple of cycles, dupes more productive)
  • some animal(s) for food (ex: fishing, hunting, milk, eggs)
  • robots/conveyors
  • automation graphs nesting (circuit boards building)

I think things like these would add another dimension to the game, so it's not just about survival, and there is a bit of variety when a base becomes stable and dupes have less things to do.

I feel like Robotics would be too complex for a smaller update.  It would likely be something more on a level of the Automation Update or the Agriculture Update.

Some type of more passive livestock animal(s) would be neat.  However, that would likely require some sort of Animal Husbandry mechanics to ensure stable populations for any animal that can be slaughtered for Meat, and to grow the numbers of what spawns in the wilds.

Anything added that makes Stress easier to deal with will have to also be accompanied by the Stress values already existing in the game being altered.  In my bases, Stress becomes almost completely irrelevant once I have both the Bathroom and the Mess Hall established.  My 2 Massage Tables sit completely idle.

Archived