Burst valves for liquid pipes

This would be handy for self-servicing bathrooms and water purification. Since the toilet produces more waste water than it takes clean water, you will always have surplus. Any sealed system will eventually back up. A burst valve would detect that fluid has backed up and started overpressuring in a pipe, and then vent it. This could also be used for liquid pipes whose contents have turned to gas.

Not sure if this is even possible without tons of coding.

Rather than a new building, I think it would be better to tie in with the automation upgrade and have a inline pipe sensor and a controllable valve. So then you would make the circuits to sense the packet sizes in the pipes and open a valve if it gets too high or something.(not sure if there is already a controllable valve)

Burst valves I feel are too specific and have very limited uses.

There is a valve that can be controlled, there is no way to tell if the packet in a pipe is x grams though, unless you can come up with a external system which holds it. I actually have a system I can think of, but it requires a small liquid or gas pump. it would need some tweaking, when i get home tonight I will post the design.

I dont think that is what they are after, the valve will always be letting water through, I think they only want to let water through if the pressure inside the pipe exceeds 5kg for instance.

Edit - Athough you did just help me design a system which doesnt need a small pump (Assuming that having full packets in the pipe is alright at least)

2 hours ago, Neotix said:

You can build burst valve by using normal valve.

2ec9b8815573afffa4d95c061eae3fd0.png

This is what I use currently in my wastewater setup and it is highly inefficient. Either I don't open the valve enough and still get backups (and pissy duplicants) or I open it too much and get pissy duplicants. After 30 cycles I still don't have a good number.

11 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

This is what I use currently in my wastewater setup and it is highly inefficient. Either I don't open the valve enough and still get backups (and pissy duplicants) or I open it too much and get pissy duplicants. After 30 cycles I still don't have a good number.

When I get home I will show you a design that is similar that should work, if the pipe is overflowing what do you want to do with the overflow?

Here you go, this will stop your system backing up.

Here is how it works, A Bridge takes priority over any piping, so water will always flow through a bridge before it will flow through a pipe.

So what happens is your purified water will flow back into the pipe for the toilets, and the excess goes through the overflow pipe and to wherever you want. Although for state changes it will not work.

20171117171550_1.jpg

This method is a very efficient way to carry gasses with a priority TOP to bottom vents, using bridges in the same manner with gas pipes, the gas will keep bypassing lower vents until the gas pressure has maxed at the upper vents with just one individual gas pipe connecting them all.

Rather than in the past, I'd have one long gas pipe that had vents attached directly on it, gasses would take BOTTOM vent priority over top, so for my purposes it didn't work very well trying to evenly distribute oxygen to my tall base.

Because of the nature of the standard vents & how they over pressurize at a safe level avoiding burst ear drums, this is also the reason that the bridges can get backed up, then packets will come out of the vent between/under the gas bridge until that area over pressurizes and so on and so forth with the priority of UPPER vents instead of lower vents.

Very efficient method to get gas to the top if you want to use one gas pipe, works as expected with filters. 10/10

Archived